FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wired Connection Dropping Out

jfeat
Participant
Message 11 of 11

My pc is connected by cat 6A cable into my TalkTalk wi fi hub. Over the last 6 months or so I have been getting irregular internet disconnections that do not affect my wireless devices. Every time this happens I turn the router off and back on again. This usually works. However occasionally after turning the router off it wont turn back on again immediately, it takes several attempts over a period of about 30 seconds before the orange light starts flashing.

I have tried updating the ethernet driver and flushed the DNS cache, but the problem continues. My hub is running software version SG4K10002816t.

On average I go through this procedure about twice a week.

What else can I try to fix this?

Any suggestions much appeciated.

jfeat

0 Likes
10 REPLIES 10

Message 1 of 11
There are two different models of hub, but they are both very similar in terms of performance. So there is probably going to be no real benefit in moving to the new hub if you are happy with your current one. However I always think it is very useful to have a spare 'back up' hub hanging around, as if you ever did have an issue with your current hub it would mean you could just switch over to the spare to get back online quickly.
0 Likes

Message 2 of 11

Hi

I have just renewed my contract and am being told to expect a new Wifi Hub. As the one you arranged for me to receive in October works fine, is there any point in this upgrade? Is it a more capable unit?

If it is too late to stop the replacement presumably the old one will be redeployed?

Thanks

jfeat

0 Likes

Message 3 of 11

Hi jfeat

That's great news, thanks for letting us know 🙂

Debbie

Message 4 of 11

Hi OCE_Debbie

Just wanted to let you know that I have had the replacement router fired up for the last 10 days or so and I havent had a problem since, so problem solved! Wonderful!

Thanks to you and your colleagues for your help.

Best wishes

jfeat

Message 5 of 11

Hi jfeat

The replacement router is on its way, please allow 24-48hrs for this to arrive.

Let us know how the connection compares with this router.

Thanks

Debbie

Message 6 of 11

Yes please Michelle, it has been behaving erratically for a while. We lost our phone line totally a few weeks ago, which Openreach eventually fixed, but the wired network problem pre-dated this and continues today. So a 'test' router would seem very sensible.

Many thanks

jfeat

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 7 of 11

Hi jfeat,

I'm sorry for the delay. The router currently has the latest version of firmware and I've run a test on the line which hasn't detected a fault. Would you like us to send a replacement router for testing purposes to rule this out?

Thanks

Message 8 of 11

Since posting the original issue I returned to the pc to find the system tray saying the pc was "not connected" and the hub light was out. I turned the hub off and then back on again and the connection was resumed.

0 Likes

Message 9 of 11

Thanks Skynet_tx

Yes, I have tried another port on the router, no luck!

jfeat

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Message 10 of 11

Hi @jfeat ,

The staff won't be around now until Monday, but they should be able to respond to this post early next week to help.

If they think your router may be developing a fault then they may be able to send you a replacement.

Have you tried plugging the ethernet cable into a different port on the back of the router, just to see if that makes any difference.