FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Without internet since Monday, HELP!

Rouleur71
Team Player
Message 15 of 15

Hi all,

I have been without any broadband this week, which of course is less than ideal, particularly because I am a secondary school teacher who is trying to deliver online Science lessons to my students.

I spent an hour and a half on the TalkTalk Chat with a representative but after running extensive tests they could not identify the fault.

Upshot = first available appointment Tuesday 16th March two weeks later!

I was told that the Openreach line to the property shows no faults when tested.

So it’s a Bright spark visit I am waiting on.

I also have two other key workers who need the access to the internet in the house, another education professional and a daughter that works for the home office so please ANY SUGGESTIONS? Please help!!!

I feel like it is likely the router, can they not send a replacement to check?

The master socket seems untouched and undamaged, we tried using the test socket as part of the diagnostic but no success. The wires in the master socket ‘orange and white/white and orange’  are connected as you would expect so.........??? HELP

Mr T cycling away the pain.
0 Likes
14 REPLIES 14

Message 1 of 15
Thanks,

I did contact them and they replied with “ Slindile: If compensation is due for this fault our system will automatically apply this to your account. If this is the case we’ll send confirmation of the amount to you by SMS or e-mail within 30 days of the repair”
I am convinced that TalkTalk are not in the process of issuing compensation despite the fact that there was a 3 week total loss of broadband which was due to issues outside of the property. My compensation claim meets all of the criteria and yet still no notification. Can someone actually give me an answer in this??
0 Likes

Message 2 of 15

Hi David

If you contact our Customer Service Team using Live Chat or Phone then they can check this for you.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 3 of 15

Hi,

The fault was resolved on my 3 week broadband outage a day or so after our last Openreach visit which was 23/3/21. My concern is that I have not received any notification of the compensation that I Sam entitled to as my fault meets the criteria for automatic compensation. It has now been over 30 days since the fault resolution and still nothing? I know that TalkTalk don’t directly deal with this but someone must be able to tell me something?

As always thanks for your time and efforts they are very much appreciated

Regards

David

0 Likes

Message 4 of 15
I accept potential charges, someone is available AM OR PM Monday to Friday all day at the moment.
0 Likes

Message 5 of 15

Hi Rouleur71,

I'm sorry this is taking so long to resolve. To investigate further we'll need to arrange an engineer visit. If you'd like us to do this can you confirm:

• That you accept potential Engineers charges
  • Provide availability, either AM (8am to 1pm) or PM (1pm to 6pm) between Monday to Friday.

I've also sent you a PM to confirm some other details 

Thanks

Chris

0 Likes

Message 6 of 15

Scrub that it’s 18 days without internet access through TalkTalk 😩That’s BAD. 

0 Likes

Message 7 of 15

15 days without internet and counting. Nothing seems to be happening. We are told an engineer would contact us within 24hours on Wednesday, still nothing. I’m told the authentication issue could be resolved by a small fix at the exchange but still nothing. Help me Obi Wan you’re  my only hope etc. 

0 Likes

Message 8 of 15

Hi

I'm showing an authentication log on our system following a radius re-sync.

Can you now power off the router for 30 minutes to allow the session to end, then turn the router back on and we will see if another authentication record is created.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes

Message 9 of 15
After a Bright Spark engineer visit yesterday, apparently (still no internet after two weeks of waiting) the issue is an authentication problem at the exchange which likely can be fixed quite quickly. Still waiting...............
0 Likes

Message 10 of 15

Hi Rouleur71,

Could you just confirm that you still have no internet connection. What colour is the light on the router? 

Are you experiencing any problems with your telephone service, do you have a dial tone? Is there any noise on the line?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 11 of 15
Solid orange light.
I can login to the router from my smartphone using mobile data.
If I disconnect the router I have found that I may get around 20 minutes of service and then the service stops.
I have no ping information
0 Likes

Message 12 of 15
Thank you, that would explain matters but contradicts what the help and support chat have told me. Whichever way you look at it I’m still without service without an end in sight.
0 Likes

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 13 of 15

Hi Rouleur71

your line is currently affected by an exchange outage and this is under investigation by openreach.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes

Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 14 of 15

Hi
Some, hopefully relevant, contact details....
https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/Our-update-on-Coronavirus/ta-p/2468300

If you’re an existing TalkTalk customer, and you’d like to speak to someone about your account and billing, moving house, to get some technical support, or make a complaint,
call TalkTalk on 0345 172 0088 – it’s free if you call from a TalkTalk landline,
or alternatively 0345 172 0046 – it’s free if you call from a TalkTalk landline.

BT OR sockets.png

Any lights showing on the router/modem at all?

Can you log into the router 192.168.1.1 and then your "username" and "password" probably on the underside of the router?

Can you ping anything?

C:\>ping 127.0.0.1

Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 4, Lost = 0 (0% loss),

C:\>ping 192.168.1.1

C:\>ping 13.107.4.52

Give us something to work with please.

0 Likes