FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Work VPN blocked

BiggerDave
First Timer
Message 15 of 15

As of yesterday my Work VPN is being blocked, prior to this it was working. My company IT helpdesk have stated this is a Talktalk issue similar to...

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Fibre/VPN-Blocked/td-p/2850865

Could the software version of my router be checked to see if it is the latest to resolve the VPN issue. And if it is already the latest version could I please have a new router sent out to see if that resolves the issue instead.

Thanks

0 Likes
14 REPLIES 14

Message 1 of 15

Morning,

Ok, I've ordered a different make and model of router for testing purposes. We advise 3-5 working days for delivery but this usually arrives within 24-48hrs. Please let us know how you get on.

Thanks

0 Likes

BiggerDave
First Timer
Message 2 of 15

Hi, yes please send a different make of router if that might work. 

Also, when the firmware on my router was changed yesterday, was this a fixed version following an assumed upgrade the day before, or was it actually downgraded to the previous good version? If that makes sense?

0 Likes

Message 3 of 15

Hello,

The firmware update should have resolved this. Would you like us to send a different router for testing purposes?

Thanks

0 Likes

BiggerDave
First Timer
Message 4 of 15

Hi, I tried the factory reset. And after reconfiguring my Wifi SSIDs/PWDs etc....It still isn't working.

I can see in the router debug log DNS Resolution failures each time I try and connect to my work VPN.

I had hoped that changing the DNS Lookup in the router to google 8.8.8.8 rather than talktalks dns might resolve this but it still fails.

0 Likes

Message 5 of 15

Hi BiggerDave

Thank you. I've checked again and I can confirm that the firmware has updated.

Please can you also try factory resetting the router using the pin hole reset for ten seconds?

0 Likes

Message 6 of 15

Sure, have update my private notes with the SN.

Message 7 of 15

Hi BiggerDave

Apologies, please can you add this to the Private Notes section of your Community Profile?

0 Likes

BiggerDave
First Timer
Message 8 of 15

Recycling router and laptop didn't work. It still seems to be unable to connect. 

I don't seem to be able to send a private message? The private message page doesn't load a form to fill in.

0 Likes

Message 9 of 15

Hi BiggerDave

Thank you, please let us know how you get on.

If you still can't connect then please can you send me a Private Message with the serial number from the back of your router.

Debbie

0 Likes

BiggerDave
First Timer
Message 10 of 15

Thanks Debbie,

Still not working. I will try recycling my laptop and the router and give it another go.

0 Likes

Message 11 of 15

Hi BiggerDave

The firmware has now updated, please can you retest?

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 12 of 15

Hi BiggerDave

I will start the update now and post back to confirm once it's completed.

Thanks

0 Likes

BiggerDave
First Timer
Message 13 of 15

Now would be great if possible thanks. Otherwise asap pleas

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 14 of 15

Hi BiggerDave

Apologies for this.

I will need to make a change to your router firmware, when would be the best time to do this?

We advise to leave the router switched on without being rebooted whilst we update the FW. This should take no longer than 15 minutes to update.

Thanks