FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Work VPN connection has suddenly stopped working.

gavin327
First Timer
Message 7 of 7

My employer requires me to work from home using a VPN, and provides Cisco Anyconnect (4.9.06037) for that purpose.  I have been using the VPN for around 18 months with no problems.  Throughout that time I've been using an ethernet connection to my 2018 TalkTalk router (Sagemcom 5364).

Today I was unable to connect to the VPN using the router.  However, I have been able to connect using a (much slower) wifi mobile hotpot.  Could the VPN problem have been caused by a firmware upate to the router?

I would be very grateful for your help.

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6

Message 1 of 7

Hi gavin327

Thanks for your reply.

You shouldn't need to keep resetting the router. This will have started a new session.

If you do experience any further issues with VPN then please let us know.

Thanks

Debbie

Message 2 of 7

Thanks Debbie.
Your suggestion worked and I can now use the VPN again.  This is really good news. 

Can you help me understand why the factory reset was required?

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 3 of 7

Hi gavin327

I'm really sorry to hear this.

Have you tried factory resetting the router using the pin hole reset for ten seconds?

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Message 4 of 7

Ok, staff here should be able to pick this up tomorrow and confirm if this is a known issue.

0 Likes

Message 5 of 7

Thank you Skynet_TX

The firmware is indeed version SG4K100130, so that might well be the source of the problem.

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Message 6 of 7

Hi @gavin327,

It could be, as new firmware is being rolled out for the Sagemcom, if you can browse to http://192.168.1.1/ and then towards the bottom of the screen it will say :

version SG4K10002816t

or

version SG4K100130

SG4K100130 is the new firmware that is being rolled out at the moment, so if you are on this version then the problem could be due to your router just upgrading to that new firmware.

However the more common VPN applications should all work ok, and I would consider Cisco AnyConnect as one of the more common VPN applications, the staff here should be able to respond to this over the next few days to help further.