FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Worse than diallup

solserchr
Team Player
Message 4 of 4

Every evening after 7pm my fibre goes from being in the 20+mbps, to being blow 1mbps. Yet it takes several router reboots. Yet even then the speed is inconsistent and does not stay above the guaranteed speed of 11mbps. Yet the upload is always between 3 and 4mbps, always.

i use a wired connection and this issue only happens after 7pm. During the day time it is fine. But after 7pm it goes to being below the guaranteed speed. It used to only take 1 reboot. But as time has moved forward, so has the problem. It now takes several reboots, yet still shows inconsistently low speeds. I can't even stream HD. And that only requires 3mbps.

This is the picture of this evenings speed. I'm going to try a reboot, but this time i'm going to leave it unplugged for 20 minutes and see if the speed returns, and if it can stay consistent. If not then i will post my results. but it has been this way for months now and has just gotten worse with the time that has passed since it started happening.

DSC_0381.JPG

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3

Message 1 of 4
Bit delayed on my part. But you didn't read the full post I made. It is time specific, so with you testing it during the day before 7pm, you're not going to see the results of the issue which is extremely intermittently slow speeds going down to kbps!
0 Likes

Chris-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 2 of 4

Hi solserchr,

I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing problems with your service

Current sync speed is 31.3Mbps and line test is passing. Have you tested with a second router?

Chris

Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 3 of 4

Hi

I would review your connection details..........

IPv4 Address. . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.77(Preferred)
Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.0
Lease Obtained. . . . . . . . . . : 31 October 2020 11:03:23
Lease Expires . . . . . . . . . . : 07 December 2156 18:17:44
Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.1
DHCP Server . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.1
DHCPv6 IAID . . . . . . . . . . . : 
DHCPv6 Client DUID. . . . . . . . : 
DNS Servers . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.1

Just to make sure you are not going via any non-standard DNS servers etc.

0 Likes