FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Worst Support I've ever dealt with. This has ramped up my anxiety

Abyssmal
First Timer
Message 14 of 14

From the very beginning of registering with TalkTalk I've been in contact with them for over 20 times in 5 months.

Routers were not arriving, support was lying and constantly saying that router is dispatched when someone else says router is going to be dispatched tomorrow, while next day they say the router has never been dispatched.

Wanting to talk to higher ups the phone personnel flat out refuse with a straight "No.....". Upon request of complaints policy, the record of a call and the name of the person they flat out refuse to say anything.

Since yesterday 14:20 my internet is down. Me and my partner can't work from home anymore incurring costs. I was supposed to be in a meeting at 14:45 for speed awareness course. Called the team, they verified my information and told me (1) I got through to the wrong team. Transferred me to another team, they tried to help until they came back (2) and said it's the wrong team. They gave me the same number that I originally called. So on a third attempt I asked if this is definitely the right team. Talk Talk Fibre City Fibre team? They apologized and said that this team is definitely the right one. After being on hold for 10 minutes I was told this is wrong team again. They said they will transfer me to the right team, but came back later saying they can't get in touch with them. I will have to simply wait in queue and explain to them all the problems my self.

I stayed in queue for an hour until 6:10PM I was told that they are closed and were cut off even though the website states the support should be working until 7PM Monday to Friday. Live chat team is not reachable. There are no links on the website to get in touch with them.

My Partner has taken a day off today to sort it out. She was told that she's not authorized to make a decision as a new router may be required or an engineer visit may be required. I had to excuse myself off work and call during important time to get it resolved. I was told that it's not TalkTalk, but CityFibre problem and they have to give a reply in 2 hours. I asked if the reply can be given to my partner and was told that she needs authorization with My Account Password. 

I didn't get a reply from the team so I asked her to call them again, and this time she was told that the authentication password is not the login password, but a separate one which needs to be setup on My Account, but there's no such option there to do so. Again lies... Now I had to excuse myself off work for tomorrow and will spend a holiday allowance to sort out problems with my internet provider. 

I've never been *@#][!![]'#[@#]!* on my head as much as I have been from TalkTalk. 

I can upload every single telephone conversation I've had with them for the past months.

Not only they don't know a thing about technical stuff, but also their routers are horribly bad. The Router Firmware is the worst kind of Chinese quality I've seen with mistranslations, pretty much 3% of any normal router functionality and on top of that half the features that are available not even working.

So please, support, contact me and convince me that, with all due respect, you do not utterly, disgustingly treat your staff and your customers. Also, please fix my account problems.

Software Developer
0 Likes
13 REPLIES 13

Message 1 of 14

Hi Abyssmal

Thanks for feeding this back.

Are you now able to click on the chat button to speak to the team?

0 Likes

Message 2 of 14

Right, so one to take home for you guys, chromium based browsers with ad block enabled blacklist your chat now web functions and don't show on the screen. 

Apologies for some of the comments, but only after disabling the ad block I was able to see the live chat button on your website for the first time.

Software Developer
0 Likes

Message 3 of 14

Hi Abyssmal

There is a chat now button at the bottom of this help page FUTURE FIBRE (scroll right down to the bottom of the page and it says get in touch and a chat now button)

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Message 4 of 14

Disable ad blockers, enable pop ups and /or try a different browser. 

0 Likes

Message 5 of 14

How do I contact them following the link you've provided.

I've yet to see a single live chat link that everyone is suggesting, no phone numbers are provided on the page either.

Software Developer
0 Likes

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 6 of 14

Hi Abyssmal

I'm really sorry to hear this.

Please can you contact our Future Fibre Team so they can look into this further.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Message 7 of 14

@Abyssmal, Michelle, in #5 is a member of staff on the forum, and she also advised that you persevere with contacting the Future Fibre team yourself.

They are reachable through Chat, but please note that their hours of availability are not the same as for most other support departments:

20211107_201456.jpg

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

martswain
Philosopher
Message 8 of 14

@Abyssmal  I believe staff cannot escalate Future Fibre issues, so the onus is on you to contact the FF team as @KeithFrench  advised in his post.

0 Likes

Message 9 of 14

I haven't heard back anything from the team yet. Has this been escalated?

Software Developer
0 Likes

Message 10 of 14

Morning,

I'm sorry to hear this. Have you managed to get in touch with the Future Fibre Team since your last post?

Thanks

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Message 11 of 14

Are you on Future Fibre then (I saw mention in your opening post of City Fibre)? If so, this is done via:-

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/FutureFibre/bd-p/FutureFibre

The normal TalkTalk support for the Community has no access to Future Fibre. However, they are getting trained up on this, so it looks like they will have access soon.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Message 12 of 14

@Abyssmal, I'll escalate your topic into the workflow for staff attention.  Please look out for a reply during the week. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

lukskw
First Timer
Message 13 of 14

I have similar experience with support - they don't know difference between WAN and WIFI

0 Likes