FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Worst ever since best upgrades etc!

jace777
Conversation Starter
Message 31 of 31
Speed to your device 

Status: Poor 3 Mbps download 6 Mbps upload.Hub Speed to your router Status: Poor 29 Mbps download 10 Mbps upload Run a live connection test Devices Speed to your device Status: Poor 27 Mbps.Please help urgent basic sites and pics not loading last few days,really bad to try and watch a video too,ive tried updates and scans etc on my Laptop too,its supposed to guarantee 35 to 40 MBPS!.
JASON
0 Likes
30 REPLIES 30

KeithFrench
Community Star
Message 1 of 31

Then can you get me a set of screenshots from Acrylic on that PC please?

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes

jace777
Conversation Starter
Message 2 of 31

Well as it states this desktop is the only one on 5G at the moment yes.

JASON
0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Message 3 of 31

I don't remember seeing any Acrylic screenshots displaying your 5GHz band, although I could be confused between yours & another thread, that is easily possible.

I can see a desktop connected to the 5Ghz band in the router's device listing that you have just sent me.

I am not disputing that the 5GHz band exists, only that it has not appeared in the Acrylic screenshots from that PC. If the WiFi card in that PC does not support the 5GHz band, then nothing will appear in those screenshots, but the 5GHz signal from the router could be perfect. Were you using the desktop PC  that is shown in your router device listings as connected to this band, to take the screenshots?

If not, please can you run acrylic on that PC, or do you have any other devices such as your Android, if that is compatible with the 5G band?

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.

0 Likes

jace777
Conversation Starter
Message 4 of 31

Screenshot here!

JASON
0 Likes

jace777
Conversation Starter
Message 5 of 31

It shows you what the 5G has and it says several devices using it you can see all that surely.

JASON
0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Message 6 of 31

Hi Jason,

Not quite sure what you did with those two screenshots, they are identical from a quick look. Most routers do say that the channel should be on automatic, just ignore that & set it to 11. From memory (I have numerous customers with similar problems currently), there was no 5GHz output in Acrylic. The most likely reason for this is that the WiFi card in your PC does not support the 5GHz band.

Keith

0 Likes

jace777
Conversation Starter
Message 7 of 31
WLAN Info

WLAN Status

Enabled  
WLAN Channel40
JASON
0 Likes

jace777
Conversation Starter
Message 8 of 31

Hi Keith thankyou again i changed to 11 but it keeps saying should be on Automatic.As for WLAN i enclose a screenshot it hasnt got these.I did the 5G before and will try again then here enclosed too.

JASON
0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Message 9 of 31

In the 2.4GHz band, you are using channel 5. You should only use channels 1, 6 or 11 as they are classed as non-overlapping channels. It is difficult to be certain in your case, but channel 11 might be better or failing that, channel 6 might be OK. Your 2.4GHz band is fairly congested & you may not get the sort of speeds in this band that you might like. I said in your thread I think, that this is purely down to the popularity of broadband.

I still can't tell what your 5GHz band is like, there is only one network I can see & that has a fairly low signal strength. If you sorted the SSID column as I asked in Acrylic, the two SSIDs (network names) should be one below the other and then you can click on the 5GHz one there, before displaying the 5GHz channels window. Please can you confirm?

Perhaps your router is not sending out a signal in that band?

Just in case, please log into the router & go to:-

Dashboard > See Internet Settings > Manage advanced settings > Advanced Configuration > WLAN > 5G Basic Network Settings

In there please check that the Enable WLAN option is ticked & if you look at the table below this option, what is the Status column showing as for SSID index 5?

Keith

0 Likes

jace777
Conversation Starter
Message 10 of 31

Thankyou again Keith nome of the passwords work i PMd you with more details cheers Jace!

JASON

KeithFrench
Community Star
Message 11 of 31

The router's username will be admin (all lower case) and the password is on the label on the rear of the router, behind the pull up plastic panel.

I will PM you a link for a guide of mine on Wi-Fi interference & initially look at the section called "Are you suffering from interference – prove it first". This section includes full details of Wi-Fi analysers that I recommend for Windows, Windows phone, Android and Apple operating systems. However, I have no way of testing the Apple product. Do not worry about interpreting the results, I will do that for you.

Please post the screenshots that I have requested in my guide (no photos please they can be difficult to read as text can get out of focus when zoomed), from the analyser you are using (also in my attached guide). Please ensure that the analyser window is maximised (if Windows) before taking the screenshots & upload them via the "Insert Photos" button (in a mobile browser it's the picture icon) on the post editor's toolbar with the Size parameter set to Large. If they are too small, I will not be able to read them & although I can enlarge them, this just puts the text out of focus. If you prefer PM them to me. If you do PM me, then please add a link in there to this thread, so as I can find it easily.

Keith

jace777
Conversation Starter
Message 12 of 31

I think its that Wi-Fi Hub Black (Huawei) i cant sign in on Admin passwords too yet Keith,yes in busy Central London here and other households can be stronger than mine yet its right next to me almost here.Yes thank you for your help yet again,you helped me lots in the past many years ago cheers Pal!

JASON
0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Message 13 of 31

@jace777 

@Michelle-TalkTalk has asked me to help you with Wireless Issues.

Slow speed, intermittent dropouts, breaks in the signal, or no signal on some or all devices, might be caused by Wi-Fi interference from other local networks, which can also lead to a permanent reduction in speed. No ISP can be responsible for your local environment, this is mainly a by-product of the popularity of Wi-Fi.

Generally speaking, the 2.4GHz band suffers much more from interference than the 5GHz band, but the 2.4GHz one can sometimes have a better range, but this all depends on your local area.

If you would like me to help you, please can you specify which router you are currently using as there is mention of a couple?

Keith

Message 14 of 31

Hello,

I'm sorry to hear this. Have you also tried a few different wireless channels on this router? @KeithFrench - Would you be able to offer some assistance with the wireless connection please?

Thanks

0 Likes

jace777
Conversation Starter
Message 15 of 31

Hi everyone ive set it all up heres the latest results not so good again here thank you Jace! 

Speed to your device
Status Poor 19 Mbps
download
8 Mbps
upload
JASON
0 Likes

Message 16 of 31

Hi Jace

You should receive the router within the next 24-48hrs.

Thanks

Debbie

Message 17 of 31

Hello Karl great thanks ill update you and all when ive swapped them over and tested,how long will it take to arrive kind regards Jace!

JASON

Message 18 of 31

Hi

The Huawei Hub and returns bag are on the way.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes

jace777
Conversation Starter
Message 19 of 31

Please send yes do you know my one the Sagem dear and i can return the older one thank you Jace!

JASON
0 Likes

Message 20 of 31

Morning,

Can I just confirm, have you tried a few different wireless channels? If you've already tried this then we can send the Huawei Wifi Hub to see how the connection/speeds compare? We would also send a router returns bag so that one of the routers can be returned.

Thanks

0 Likes