FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Would a TalkTalk WiFi Extender enable me to disable WiFi on my TalkTaklk router?

ALJOBI
Chatterbox
Message 10 of 10

Hello,

Will TalkTalk's WiFi Extender Kit work if WiFi is disabled on the TalkTalk router?

I ask as I only need WiFi for the TV in the lounge, not in my home office.

Many thanks.

Alex

0 Likes
9 REPLIES 9

Message 1 of 10

Thank you for the tip, Divsec.  But the extender was plugged directly into a socket.

Best, ALJBI

0 Likes

Message 2 of 10

Hi @ALJOBI now that's a shame, I'm too lazy to check back but if you are plugging the extender, powerline into trailing leads rather than direct into a socket performance can be reduced? 

I don't work here and all my opinions are my own.
0 Likes

Message 3 of 10

Hi,

After a full week of using the Extender, my initial enthusiasm for it has waned considerably.

I am returning it. 

The problem is that the strength of the Wi-Fi signal broadcast by the Extender is too variable compared to that broadcast directly from the router, even though the router is in another room.

This means that the TV viewing experience is significantly degraded when using this device.

I understand that this could be to do with the quality of the electrical wiring in my home and not a fault of the device itself.

It was certainly worth a try, though.

Kind regards,

AJBOBI

0 Likes

Message 4 of 10

Hi @ALJOBI great news thanks for letting us know. 

0 Likes

Message 5 of 10

The TalkTalk WiFi Extender arrived a couple of days ago.  I set it up yesterday without a problem.

Glad to report that it is working exactly as advertised and completely meets my requirements.

My WiFi is now broadcast from the Extender plugged in next to the TV while the WiFi functionality of my TalkTalk router is switched off.

Many thanks for the recommendation.

Alex

0 Likes

Message 6 of 10
0 Likes

Message 7 of 10
Ok, thank you. I'll do that.
0 Likes

Message 8 of 10

Hi Aljobi, it looks like Divsec has given you the answer you need. 

Please post back to let us know how you get on.

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Divsec
Community Star
Message 9 of 10

Hi @ALJOBI yes https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/About-the-Wi-Fi-Extender-Kit/ta-p/2205415 shows how to connect