FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

'Wrong Login Information' - Fast 5364 Router

jmmrly
Chatterbox
Message 7 of 7

Hey,

I went to log in to my router today using the admin page and I'm getting 'wrong login information'. I've logged in plenty of times before and last successfully logged in a few weeks ago to set up port forwarding and check things. I use a password manager so I know the details are correct, I've tried manually typing in the details and I get the same. And I'm definitely using the 'admin' password, not the wi-fi. It looks like the router has recently been updated so has this maybe caused this? I originally tried to log into the router as the openvpn protocol suddenly stopped working on all my devices and none can connect to a vpn via openvpn protocol. It doesn't seem like a coincidence.

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6

paulshent
Community Star
Message 1 of 7

Power router off and back on again, then try to login with ip 192.168.1.1.  Make sure caps lock not on.  Maybe clear browser history and/or try another browser like Firefox.

0 Likes

jmmrly
Chatterbox
Message 2 of 7

This is now sorted. I noticed Steam etc on my pc wouldn't connect. I went ahead and just did a factory reset and it's all back to normal now and was able to log in to the router. I think a recent firmware update in the past few days screwed it up.

Message 3 of 7

I'll hold off until staff reply. I want to avoid a factory reset if possible just in case I can't log in after doing one, as I have port forwards I need.

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Message 4 of 7

You could try to factory reset the router by holding in the reset switch on the back for over 10 seconds. However this would lose any settings you have ever changed in the router. A factory reset should return the password to the one that is shown on the label, clearly that should be the password anyway if you have never changed it, but maybe something strange has happened !.

Staff here on the community should be able to pick this up tomorrow, and may be able to offer further advice.

0 Likes

Message 5 of 7

I've never touched/changed the username or password, i've always used the admin username & password on the back of the router under the wi-fi card which has always worked, but has suddenly stopped letting me in.

0 Likes

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Message 6 of 7

Hi @jmmrly,

Just to confirm, have you tried to log in with the user name and password that are shown on the label on the back of the router (underneath the pull out plastic Wi-Fi card), or are you trying to log in with a user name and password that you have manually changed it to use in the past ?

0 Likes