FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Xbox dropping/disconnecting weird issue

the123guy
Whizz Kid
Message 10 of 10

So i've been having this issue since maybe November but it's not been too big a deal until i noticed something weird about it last weekend.

My Wifi on my Xbox will cut out completely for a few seconds then reconnect, unfortunately this is enough to send me back to the title screen of any online game. Nothing else seems to drop, my internet connection stays active. Trawling through the router logs show no errors or device disconnects. I've tried what i can by changing channels, getting optimization disabled, moving devices etc but the problem persists, so i've just put up with it for a while. 

The other day though it happened during a pretty inopportune moment during a raid in Destiny 2, i noticed it was 20 minutes past 9 and the last time it happened was the previous day at 20 minutes past 7. The past few days, whenever i've had a lag spike or disconnect it's been at 19/20 minutes past the hour. I just had a d/c just now at 12:19, before that i had lag spikes at 10:19 and 11:19 before that. There've been at least a dozen instances over the past few days, always at ~19 minutes past the hour, i don't lag or d/c at any other time.

It's too consistent to be a coincidence at this point but I'm at a loss at what the problem even *could* be. I've not noticed any other devices drop/buffer at the same time but the interruption could be so brief that it's not affecting them the same way it would affect an always online console/game.

Any thoughts/help would be appreciated. thx

0 Likes
9 REPLIES 9

Message 1 of 10

Morning,

Thanks for the update 🙂

Thanks

0 Likes

the123guy
Whizz Kid
Message 2 of 10

I've had the Huawei for over a week now and i've not experienced any issues whatsoever, no lag spikes or disconnects, and the UI is an improvement to say the least. Seems like the old router was the problem, i'll send it back when i get the chance.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 10
0 Likes

the123guy
Whizz Kid
Message 4 of 10

Ok thanks Chris. I'll let you know how i get on with the Huawei.

0 Likes

Message 5 of 10

Hi the123guy,

I've ordered the router, it should be with you within a couple of days but please allow up to 5 working days for delivery 

Chris

0 Likes

the123guy
Whizz Kid
Message 6 of 10

No change, solid white. Sure, i'll give the Huawei a try

0 Likes

Message 7 of 10

Hi,

Do any of the lights change on the router when this happens? Would you like us to send a Huawei Wifi Hub for testing purposes to rule this out? We would also send a router returns bag so that one of the routers can be returned.

Thanks

0 Likes

the123guy
Whizz Kid
Message 8 of 10

I don't have a Huawei, it's the Sagemcom. I unfortunately can't test wired at the moment, but coincidentally the router page just refreshed at 13:20 when i was checking the logs on a completely different device.

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 9 of 10

Hello,

I'm sorry to hear this and I will take a look now. I've run a test on the line which hasn't detected a fault and the connection looks stable. Does this also happen if you connect the Xbox wired? Have you ever tested with the Huawei Wifi Hub?

Thanks

0 Likes