FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Yale alarm keeps going offline

Chef121
Chatterbox
Message 13 of 13

Morning, not sure if anyone else has had this happen but my alarm hub keeps going offline every couple of days? It’s cable connected to the router so no WiFi. A few time’s I’ve noticed the connectivity drop and i’m just wondering if the router when nothing is running temporarily switches itself in to a “sleep” mode which intern knocks my alarm hub offline? 

A few times we have had no connection for a minute or so or extremely slow connection so again wonder if this is due to the router doing something in the background?

The alarm still triggers and I can disarm via keypad but not the phone as mentioned the sync smart hub shows as being offline on the app so have to manually restart it

Cheers

James 

0 Likes
12 REPLIES 12

Message 1 of 13

Hi James

The replacement router is on its way, please allow 24-48hrs for this to arrive.

Let us know how the connection compares with this router.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 2 of 13

Hi no, I’ve never tested with another router so maybe that might be better? How do I go about ordering one? The one I have at present is a gold and black one

cheers

james 

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 3 of 13

Morning,

Thanks for confirming. I've run a test on the line which hasn't detected a fault and I can see 1 recent re-connection on the line. Just to confirm, have you ever tested with a different router? If not then we can send a different make and model for testing purposes.

Thanks

Message 4 of 13
Hi Michelle,

Yep you can run a test, the alarm will just go offline and be a manual thing as opposed to internet based. Just trying to set it know and it’s offline again! Yale are saying its the connection!
0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 5 of 13

Hi James,

I'm sorry for the delay. Would it be ok if I run a test on the line? I'm just confirming as the connection will drop when this is completed so I'm not sure if this would set the alarm off or not? 

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 6 of 13
Thank you, will you let me know the outcome? Just tried to set it again and it state’s “offline” So I’ve had to turn off and turn on the router again this morning
0 Likes

Message 7 of 13

Hi @Chef121 

If it states the hub is off line I would think that is a stability issue with the line or router. I will ask the OCEs to deal with this for you.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

Message 8 of 13

For more specific help,  @Chef121, you'll need to complete your community forum profile details so that staff can identify your account. 

Please go via your avatar/name; settings; launch profile wizard; make sure you put in your landline phone number and a fallback mobile phone number; click finish to save. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.

Message 9 of 13

Hi, 

yep it’s still happening and to be honest twice this week where it states hub offline? I’m going to tackle Yale on it too but thought two pronged attack was best! As I mentioned previously do I need to go in to the routers settings online and change something? 

cheers

james 

0 Likes

Message 10 of 13
Hi the router Is a faster fibre model and it’s the newest black and gold one
0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 11 of 13

Hi James,

How are you getting on? Do you still need assistance with this?

Thanks 🙂

KeithFrench
Community Star
Message 12 of 13

That will depend on if you have standard broadband or fibre, what is the make/model of your router?

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they?