FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Your ISPs DHCP does not function properly.

Panic-at-the-CISCO
First Timer
Message 6 of 6

Hi Support.

I’m looking to use my own router, as opposed to the stock unit.

My router (ASUS RT-AC86U) is reporting that “your ISPs DHCP does not function properly”. I assume that the MAC address table at the DSLAM is full and it is not allowing a new address to bind?

Can someone clear it down for me please?

(If you check any logs, the stock router is currently plugged in so it may appear to be working OK.)

Thanks.

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5

Message 1 of 6

Great news.

Just for completeness; you asked in this post in one of the edits about the authentication of the service. The DSLAM inserts a tag and it's that tag that is recognised by TalkTalk's Radius server to authenticate the connection.

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2021

Like below to appreciate my help . . . Best answer is + Accept as Solution

0 Likes

Panic-at-the-CISCO
First Timer
Message 2 of 6

Thanks for the reply @Gondola 

I tried the router factory reset but no immediate change.

I swapped out the modem for an HG612 and, after a while, the traffic flowed - it just required a bit of patience.

Thanks!

Message 3 of 6

Factory reset the Asus, connect its WAN to LAN1 on the Openreach modem and use the setup wizard on the Asus. Use the same settings as the TalkTalk supplied Hub. For Username and Password just enter your telephone number@talktalk.net and anything as a password. The authentication is automatic.

0 Likes

Panic-at-the-CISCO
First Timer
Message 4 of 6

Thanks for the reply.

connection to the DSLAM is via a standard ECI B-FOCus. That successfully gets a public IP but the router can’t authenticate, as described. 

0 Likes

Gondola
Community Star
Message 5 of 6

Your router does not have a modem. How are you expecting it to obtain a public IP address?

If the TalkTalk Hub is connected to the TalkTalk network then its obtained a public IP address.

0 Likes