FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zoom freezing

BryanM
Chat Champion
Message 10 of 10

Hi

I have been using Zoom for 2+ years without a problem.  However, both my last two meetings 'froze'.

Any ideas as to why this has just started to occur? 

Thanks

BryanM (fibre35)

0 Likes
9 REPLIES 9

Message 1 of 10

Message 2 of 10

Thanks for the input Debbie.  Will do this tomorrow p.m. & respond with results.

Cheers

BryanM

Message 3 of 10

Hi Bryan

Could you try factory resetting the router and then testing another Zoom call?

0 Likes

Message 4 of 10

Hi Debbie

Thanks again.  In the first instance, a Zoom session with 5 participants, just turned my video & mike off & listened in on the others.  Ended session in the normal way.  In 2nd instance I was host & ended the meeting.  These are the only two Zoom meetings I have engaged in the period (last 5 days). Have not (not had to) reboot router - is this advised?

Many thanks

BryanM

0 Likes

Message 5 of 10

Hi Skynet_TX

Thanks for picking up on my post.

Answers:

A.  Just Zoom froze - preceeded by bandwidth warning.  Call did not drop - just froze - btw the host also got a bandwidth warning re my connection in the first case, I was host on the second.  Both occurred in the last few days and have been the only Zoom sessions I have engaged.

B. Test run - no issues reported

Cheers

BryanM

0 Likes

Message 6 of 10

Hi Bryan

Thanks for your reply.

When the Zoom calls froze did you have to reboot your router or did the connection come back again on its own?

0 Likes

Message 7 of 10

Hi Debbie

Thanks for picking up on my post.  Just Zoom, no other issues.

Cheers

BryanM

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 8 of 10

Hi Bryan

I'm sorry to hear this.

Is this only affecting Zoom or are you experiencing other issues with the connection too?

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Message 9 of 10

Hi @BryanM,

Can you explain what you mean by 'froze', did the whole machine freeze, or just the zoom call, did the call completely drop or just 'freeze'.

If you think there might be some issues with your broadband then it would be worth going to the Service Centre to run a connection test on your line, this will indicate if there is currently a fault affecting your service. You can also access this from the ‘My Account’ site.

If you go to the Service Centre what does it show for your estimated speed range. If you log into your router to check your sync speed does this show speeds below that estimated range. If you run a speed test (ideally from both a wired and wireless device so that you can compare), how close are the speed test results to the sync speed shown on your router.