FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

bad signal

lizahunter85
First Timer
Message 5 of 5

your wifi signal is ridiculously bad!! please sort asap or im switching providers, for months now it doesnt even stream a movie without constantly buffing & game playing is impossible, your setting keep saying signal is fine but reality is completely different. will definitely not be renewing any contract in april especially when you have the cheek to email saying its going up £2??!! cant even get a signal in my upstairs bedroom

L.Hunter
0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4

Message 1 of 5

Hi lizahunter85,

If you still need assistance can you please add your TalkTalk landline number to your Community Profile as OCE_Debbie requested

Thanks

Chris

0 Likes

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 2 of 5

Hi lizahunter85

Please can you add your TalkTalk landline number to your Community Profile, we can then look into this further.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

SEBSEB
Team Player
Message 3 of 5

Hi

'Your settings keep saying, signal is fine', which settings?, at the risk of stating the obvious have you carried out a speed test/check in order to determine if you are getting the speeds required to download movies?.

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Message 4 of 5

Please bear in mind that the reception of WiFi signals within a property is often totally beyond that of any ISP, due to WiFi interference. In addition to this, the location of the router can be critical. As a very general statement, the signal from a router works best on the same floor & the one below, not the one above. So try to make sure that the router is sited as high as possible.

Slow speed, intermittent dropouts, breaks in the signal, or no signal on some or all devices, might be caused by Wi-Fi interference from other local networks, which can also lead to a permanent reduction in speed. No ISP can be responsible for your local environment, this is mainly a by-product of the popularity of Wi-Fi.

Generally speaking, the 2.4GHz band suffers much more from WiFi interference than the 5GHz band, but the 2.4GHz one can sometimes have a better range, but this all depends on your local area.

If you would like me to help you, please can you specify the make/model of TalkTalk router that you are using?

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they?