FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

bought fibre 65 got fibre 38

Comstock1977
Team Player
Message 48 of 48

Hello

I have been with you once again since February this year.
I have had the fortune to be a customer of yours since CPW on and off either my or my partners name, 20 years or so?

I explicitly came back to use this broadband land – fibre 65 for gaming only, and zero use of Wi-Fi from the router, not needed.

I popped in my details into your sign up page and bingo was told I would get around 55mb – I thought this was great!

Immediately after install I noticed your speed was more like 35 -38 MB – I called you several times, I had an engineer visit from open reach (first visit) and nothing was improved. I then complained to you, quite a lot over the phone.

I have had another open reach guy who told me NEVER OPEN THE NEW SOCKET TO GET INTO THE TEST SOCKET (OR MASTER 5C SOCKET)

I call and call and call, you wont give me any money back and after 4/5 months im considering suing you, your operators test the line and then i get a text saying it looks ok? ive had 100s.

you have mis sold to me and dont seem to realise you are leaving yourself to legal stuff - i know, ive done this once before.

ive written this to you as well.

just got off twitter and some bloke telling me via message to pop off the test socket etc? you know thats not talk talk equipment dont you TT?

It could easily come off the wall.

anyone wanna help?

anyone?

The test socket tests.
0 Likes
47 REPLIES 47

Comstock1977
Team Player
Message 1 of 48

Hi, I'm not better than anyone, so I'll ignore that.

I simply proved that everyone I spoke to here from talk talk and their call centres, were wrong, hence being compensated. 

Moving forward the CEO office will be offering further measures which I will keep you ask updated about. 

All of the replies here, constantly arguing about test sockets and I'm particular the reply that my "expected" connection speed, we're used in my complaint

Most of the advice given, was wrong. 

The test socket tests.
0 Likes

Message 2 of 48

@Comstock1977 Ok, we get it - you think you're better than all the rest of us.

Did you actually get the connection speed increased?

0 Likes

Message 3 of 48

yep which is why i just got £150 compo - to start with. You dont know what you are talking about -you work within confines  -set parameters. most people just accept these excuses.

The test socket tests.
0 Likes

Comstock1977
Team Player
Message 4 of 48

Hi all - just an FYI - i have just been offered £150 by talk talk, a full apology and more stuff to come after contacting CEDR.

This decision was made within 7 days. 

Most people on this forum told me i would not get anywhere and a few lambasted me .

A good thing in life, is to stick with ones principles.

Be principled and honest  -it always works. I do not mind you knowing my surname here btw.

The test socket tests.
0 Likes

Message 5 of 48

H Michelle

Do you actually look at how many visits i have had buy open reach and test socket mentions?

Also i don't think you understand the nature of my complaint.

Anyway,i have had a written reply making me an offer this morning,so it goes to show,as a company,you do not know what is happening with your customers,which is quite an indictment.

As for other forum members leaping on posts explaining your company policy,shouldn't be happening.

Talk talk has gone way down in my estimations and as a company you simply have no grasp of customers expectations. You simply repeat mantras about test sockets,and accept this as a resoltion.

A resolution is where a customer and vendor reach an agreement,i would have never found that here with,again the constant repetition. I did,however,get a decent reply by writing.

Awful service.

The test socket tests.
0 Likes

Message 6 of 48

Hi,

If the speed is within the predicted speed range for the line then we wouldn't be able to raise this as a fault, unless the line test detected a possible fault on the line. We can offer advice on how to try and improve the sync speed such as connecting the router at the test socket, however if there is no improvement then this may be the best speeds for the line.

Thanks

martswain
Philosopher
Message 7 of 48

The staff member has advised your sync speed is above the minimum guaranteed speed, therefore your service is deemed to be performing correctly.

They will not investigate further in that case.

0 Likes

Comstock1977
Team Player
Message 8 of 48

hi you have completely avoided my complaint. i was promised 45mb.

are you guys simply being ignorant, because im serious . have another look eh instead of weird replies about "range"  -you are wrong -hence me complaining

The test socket tests.
0 Likes

Message 9 of 48

Hi Comstock1977

Thanks for confirming your details.

I've checked and the predicted speed range for your line is showing between 63 and 40.5mb, with a guaranteed minimum speed of 32.2mb.

Your current sync speed is within the predicted range for your line.

Thanks

Debbie

Message 10 of 48

Hi Comstock1977

Your line is currently in sync at just under 39mb.

I'm just sending you a Private Message to confirm some details so I can check the speed range for your line.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 11 of 48

Not being funny, but what gives?

Still no where near my expected speed. i have had this router plugged in for 2 days, is anyone going to actually help me here?

The test socket tests.
0 Likes

Message 12 of 48

Hi Comstock1977

Both of the WIFI hubs look very similar. The Sagemcom router will have bronze holes on the front and the Huawei hub will be black.

The labels on the back of the router will also show the make and model.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 13 of 48

Hi

A different model Hub is on the way for testing.

Thanks  

Karl.

Hi Karl  - this is exactly the same hub i had before.That you have sent me.IMG_20210713_184031.jpg

The test socket tests.
0 Likes

Message 14 of 48

karl.

new hub in, plugged into the test socket, still a crap speed for £26 a month "Fibre 65"

Over to you.

The test socket tests.
0 Likes

Message 15 of 48

once again - ive been banging away on the phone/internet, for 5 months now about this issue -you may feel you have the veracity to tell me what is pertinent -i am here to simply get Talk talks attention - when i last used this forum in 2005 it was fantastic,lots of chat about MTU? so i remedied things. Telling me what is pertinent, isnt good. so dont bother.

The test socket tests.
0 Likes

Message 16 of 48

hi gliw - ive had this issue since February -im not some nutter who has just appeared. i have exhausted every avenue and remembered this forum from when i was TT in 2005. I dont need telling rules etc -im here to get attention and hopefully some one will fix or refund.

The test socket tests.
0 Likes

Message 17 of 48

Hi

A different model Hub is on the way for testing.

Thanks  

Karl.

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes

Message 18 of 48

pleased for you. nice one.

The test socket tests.
0 Likes

Message 19 of 48

dont forget your MGALS

The test socket tests.
0 Likes

Message 20 of 48

new router sounds great mate.