FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

broadband super slow in evenings london, brixton area

recort2
Popular Poster
Message 12 of 12

hi, this is the third evening in a row, where I struggle to load any website and get around 0.25 mbps on speedtest (should be guaranteed 2mbps) - when I log into my account, it tells me I have 6 mbps, with a little remark in brackets (yesterday); I already tried contacting via phone and run through the automated procedure, but it just tells me everythng is fine, while it clearly isn't - how can I get talktalk to look into this for me? I am sure i am not the only one...

0 Likes
11 REPLIES 11

Message 1 of 12

Hi

The next option is to arrange an engineer for you.

I'll send you a PM to confirm some information.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes

Message 2 of 12

Dear Karl,

is there a way to escalate this as it is unfortunately  getting beyond annoying:

I did randomly make a number of test (Ookla on wireless Iphone)

yesterday 18:47 speedtest:   2.28 dn / 0.51 dn

yesterday 18:53  speedtest 12.3 (!!) dn / 2.02 up

yesterday 19:46 speedtest   0.28 dn / 0.25 up

yesterday 20:58 speedtest   0.11 dn / 0.24 up

yesterday 22:27 speedtest   3.59 dn / 0.55 up

while it's great to see the line can provide 12Mbps, there is clearly somethng going on which will require an engineering solution, dont you agree?

thanks

it's not even possible to watch lowest quality on netflix

0 Likes

Message 3 of 12

Hi Karl, thank you very much for taking an interest in my problem - speaking to my Kids, we have established this is happening between 7 in the evening and midnight for a while now and I attach 2 screenshots, morning & evening, illustrating the speed issue & it affects netflix, iplayer, email, any browsing etc., so unfortunately no clear relationship between use and fault to be established. any ideas?

0 Likes

Message 4 of 12

Hi

Tests are clear but I do see some errors on the line.

I've reset the port and the profile.

When the line goes slow, check the home phone line and make sure this is clear of any noise, no crackles etc.  

Also, make a note of what devices are connected and what they are doing, browsing, Netflix, etc etc.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes

Message 5 of 12

sorry, but this is irelevant as it clearly is an intermittend problem with the line - the number of conected devices is constant durng day and evening. the problem has beenlimited to the last 3 days; later yesterday it was ok-ish again...

0 Likes

Message 6 of 12

Hello,

Can I just confirm, how many devices are connected to the line of an evening when the speeds drop? If you reboot the router when the speed drops  does the speed then increase again or does it still remain low?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 7 of 12

sorry - ...strange for it to take a nap in the evening(?) i think it is something to do with the line in my road, as other people also reported outages a few days ago...

0 Likes

Message 8 of 12

I don't understand the question? the wireless has wpa 2 as well as MAC list protection and is not shared, so it would be very sta

0 Likes

Message 9 of 12

Hi recort2,

Is your router currently connected to your Test Socket, if you have one?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 10 of 12

..wired and wireless, which I think works as it should (it's the same on all access points, one of which is wired..)

it's consistently in the evenings perhaps around 8 oclock, when it drops anyway as everybody is using the internet, but since a few days is breathtakingly slow for long stretches (15min+)...during the day, it's usually ok...

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 11 of 12

Morning,

I'm sorry to hear this. I've run a test on the line now which is clear and the sync speed looks consistent. Just to confirm, are you connected wired or wireless when the speed is dropping of an evening?

Thanks

0 Likes