FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

changing local IP adress on fast 5364 router

RJB1951
First Timer
Message 8 of 8

I have had my fast fibre for a few weeks and need to change the default IP address from 192.168.1.1 to 155.250.176.1 . The post of 14-05-2020 gives instructions but when I enter my IP adress I get an invalid IP massage

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7

Message 1 of 8

Given the IP address your trying to use it would appear likely that the printer was previously owned by Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, German possibly for use in one of their UK offices.  So you could always try contacting them to see if their network manager has a record of the password, although I think it unlikely.  Alternatively you could reset the password by selecting "Restore Settings" in the network setup menu, as suggested by Epson.

https://files.support.epson.com/docid/cpd4/cpd43454/source/pro_graphics/source/troubleshooting/refer...

You should then be able to use the routers standard address of 192.168.1.1 and connect your printer to using DHCP or a static address as appropriate.

0 Likes

Message 2 of 8
Have you solved this as you have marked your own question as the solution. I'm not aware that the Epson 9880 can be password protected.
0 Likes

Message 3 of 8
By this I am assuming your Epson is on a static IP address and not using the router DHCP. Either way it does not make sense why your printer would have been assigned such an address on a private network and as such cannot be used in this way.
0 Likes

Message 4 of 8

Well, that printer cannot be used on any private network (any broadband router) as it is a public address. Although I report bugs direct to TalkTalk on their routers, this will not & should not change, as it MUST be a private address. I think you need to get yourself a new printer.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes

Message 5 of 8

Hi keith,

I have to use this address (155.250.176.1) and have used it for my network on the last talktalk router I had (d-link DSL3782) as the network address on my secondhand Epson 9880 printer is locked (password protected and not supplied with machine). The firware version on the router is SG4K10002816t is it possible to make the change on this version?

0 Likes

mrwrighty
Whizz Kid
Message 6 of 8
What are you trying to achieve. See the following article https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Private_network regarding useable private IP addresses.
0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Message 7 of 8

I am not surprised you get an error the router's IP address must be a Private IP address, not a Public one.

155.250.176.1 is a Public IP address.

Are you sure that you do not mean the WAN IP address of the router, which is a Public IP address?

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes