FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

connection issues and ordering a new router

trian
Popular Poster
Message 26 of 26

Hello I had a engineer come out last week to check my issues with my internet connection, but he didn't find any problems with him and told me it might be the router, told me to call and ask for a new router if things didn't improve. When i called TalkTalk to ask for a new one it instead sent out another engineer to check the line for what i believe is the 5th time and told me things had be fixed but i am still having trouble with my internet. So could someone please tell me how i am suppose to ask for a replacement router for if this doesn't get sorted soon I am going to have to change providers.

Ian D Jones
0 Likes
25 REPLIES 25

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 1 of 26

Hi trian,

I'm really sorry for the delay in getting back to you. We're currently updating some of our systems at the moment which means that we can't currently book an engineer at this time. Would it be possible to post back here after 1pm today and also provide some further availability for this week and we can try and arrange the next available appointment for you?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 2 of 26

i will be here tomorrow and the rest of the week until sunday when i am back to work so please send the engineer as soon as possible.

Ian D Jones
0 Likes

Message 3 of 26

Hi trian,

Apologies for the delay. If you're not available tomorrow are you available any days next week?

Chris

Message 4 of 26

the chat with the agent seems to have crashed and he/she was unable to inform me how the tests had gone so could you please send a engineer out as soon as possible and as i said before i am off this week till Friday so any time is good

Ian D Jones
0 Likes

Message 5 of 26

I am currently talking with a agent Silondiweluyanda and they are doing a tests to see if they can find what is wrong but if this doesn't fix it then i would like to arrange a engineer, I am off to friday so anytime this week is good but the sooner the better.

Ian D Jones
0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 6 of 26

Hi trian,

I'm sorry to hear this and I'll take another look now. I've re-run the line test which hasn't detected a fault, however the connection does look unstable. If 2 different routers have already been tested at the test socket then the next step will be to arrange an engineer visit. Would you like us to arrange this for you?

Thanks

Message 7 of 26

sadly no i lost my connection again over the week end there is something wrong with the hub or the internet socket.

Ian D Jones
0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 8 of 26

Hi trian,

I'm sorry for the delay and thanks for the update. Just to confirm has your connection remained stable over the weekend?

Thanks 🙂

Message 9 of 26

I wish to apologise, finally got to do a service test on my line and it turns out there was nothing wrong with it and was told to check my setup, after changing the ADSL cable it started working again, it appears i was to quick to judge this time a so I am sorry.

Ian D Jones
0 Likes

Message 10 of 26

The talk engineer arrived on time and fixed the issue and for a week everything was working ok no disconnects and had the full download speed but then on monday the week after we got slow download speeds and then disconnected again for about a hour before reconnecting it did this on tuesday as well before on  Wednesday between 5:30pm and 6pm I lost all connection and it hasn't come back since, I am afraid this is to much and been going on for about 2 months now and I am sorry to say i shall have to change providers. 

Ian D Jones
0 Likes

Message 11 of 26

Hi Trian,

I've booked the engineer for Monday AM (October 19 2020, 8am-1pm) - please let us know how you get on

Thanks

Chris

Message 12 of 26

Hi trian,

Line test is now showing a potential fault so I've raised this to Openreach as a non-appointed task so Openreach will carry out investigations on your line over the next 72 hours but they many contact you directly if the need to access your premises 

Chris

Message 13 of 26

Hi trian,

Thanks for providing the security information, I've sent you a PM requesting a little more information 

Chris

Message 14 of 26

Hi trian

I'm just sending you a Private Message to confirm some details so we can arrange an engineer visit.

Thanks

Debbie

Message 15 of 26

managed to take the face plate off after getting home from work and used the filter that came with the hub and got a disconnect a little over a hour later.

Ian D Jones
0 Likes

Message 16 of 26

Hi trian

Thanks for your reply.

Would it be possible to remove the filtered face plate and connect the router and filter at the test socket? This will help to rule out any possible faults with the face plate.

The next step following this will be to arrange an Openreach engineer visit.

Thanks

Debbie

Message 17 of 26

yes the router is connected to the open reach socket and its pre filtered and i use the items that came with it.

Ian D Jones

Message 18 of 26

Hi trian

I'm sorry to hear this.

Is the replacement router connected at the test socket? When you connected the new router did you use all the new cables and filter?

Thanks

Debbie

Message 19 of 26

just logged back in from another disconnect it seems whatever the problem is its not the router.

Ian D Jones
0 Likes

Message 20 of 26

the new router has arrived and been set up now it just of matter of waiting and see what happens, lets hope for the best.

Ian D Jones
0 Likes