FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

constant disconnecting

StormChaser
Wise Owl
Message 26 of 26

hello.

i am fed up with my wifi hub disconnect laptops in the home. and at times they cannot access websites. this is either the router has a dhcp issue, but i have also put static ip's on the devices. i thought these new routers were suppose to handle everything. looks like the cannot. i have even changed the dns from talktalk 79.79.79.79, 79.79.79.80 to google dns of 8.8.8.8 and 4.4.8.8 ....  still drops at times. can someone please sort this headache out? Im about to leave talktalk after 14years. can you also maybe send a new hub to test to see if this fixes it as well as look at talktalk's network. i shouldnt have to be changing DNS addresses here in the router.

StormChaser

0 Likes
25 REPLIES 25

Message 1 of 26

Hi StormChaser

Thanks for keeping us updated.

If you do experience any further issues then please let us know.

Debbie

0 Likes

StormChaser
Wise Owl
Message 2 of 26

Hello Debbie and Chris

update on the issue with the router. replacement is working without having to disable wifi optimization. up to now for the week the laptops have stayed connected. all other WIFI devices and echos have stayed connected too.  so I will be returning the other router (2nd router ) back this week to you. the first one went back over a week ago so it should be with you now. thanks to you both for the help. i have also changed the WIFI's in the laptops to AX ready for when TalkTalk does move in  even though the router is AC. funny thing is . the laptops are speeding even more now with their new WIFI card (855Mbps) even though my broadband is not this speed. 😃. still staying connected.

StormChaser

Message 3 of 26

Hi StormChaser

You usually receive the first email as a reminder to return a router around 21 days after receiving a router.

I have ordered another router and returns bag and you should receive this within the next 24-48hrs.

Please let us know how you get on.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

StormChaser
Wise Owl
Message 4 of 26

hi Debbie

yes can you do that for me. i am going to get royalmail to collect this one and get it back to you. BTW how long do you get with testing before talktalk wants to bill me as i had a email.

StormChaser

0 Likes

Message 5 of 26

Hi StormChaser

Apologies for this. Would you like me to send another router for testing?

0 Likes

StormChaser
Wise Owl
Message 6 of 26

hello Chris.

well the replacement router came. was running tests on it with the wifi in the home. seems worse. my wife's laptop was just loading pages like it was on dialup. i put the old router back on and its running a little better. i am going to run some tests on her laptop as well as mine with the old router in place. 

when i got the router to test. normally these routers have a tape on the word talktalk on the front. this one did not. even when i reset the test router to default. no device can see the router now. yet the old one fine they all see it. i dont know if someone mistakenly sent out a used one that was returned. but will get it ready to come back. i will let you know how the wifi runs shortly on the laptop as soon as i can.

regards

StormChaser

0 Likes

Message 7 of 26

Hi StormChaser,

I've ordered the router, it should be with you within a couple of days but please allow up to 5 working days for delivery 

Chris

0 Likes

Message 8 of 26

hi chris

yes can you send another router out to try. once i get it and put my SSID in from the talktalk default and password. i will send a message to let you know its in place to see if you can connect to it.

StormChaser

0 Likes

Message 9 of 26

OK thanks for trying. We can send another router out to test with, would you like us to arrange this?

Chris

0 Likes

StormChaser
Wise Owl
Message 10 of 26

hi Debbie

i tried that method yesterday before reaching out to talktalk here. i then when it came back online had to put my SSID and password i use for all my devices back in.  but did not correct it.

stormchaser

0 Likes

Message 11 of 26

Hi StormChaser

Could you try a pin hole reset for ten seconds? I will then try and connect to your router again.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

StormChaser
Wise Owl
Message 12 of 26

Hi Debbie

yes the router is online. white light on it. turned it off as chris requested last night for 40 min and then back on.

Stormchaser

0 Likes

Message 13 of 26

Hi StormChaser

Apologies, I'm unable to connect to your router. Is the router switched on at the moment?

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 14 of 26

hi chris

ok i will turn the router off tonight for 30 mins. i see what you mean. so manual channels can be set. i have added 2 pictures the purple is 2.4ghz and the red is the 5ghz channel. my ssid is STORMGATER. looks like there is others crossing over.Screenshot_20211019_155851_abdelrahman.wifianalyzerpro.jpgScreenshot_20211019_155858_abdelrahman.wifianalyzerpro.jpg

0 Likes

Message 15 of 26

Would you be able to switch your router off for 30 minutes sometime this evening (then switch back on) and I'll try communicating with your router again tomorrow. (Disabling optimisation will allow you to manually change the wifi channel without optimsation changing it back again, so that you can try different channels)

Chris

0 Likes

StormChaser
Wise Owl
Message 16 of 26

yes i can right now

0 Likes

Message 17 of 26

Are you currently able to access the internet?

0 Likes

StormChaser
Wise Owl
Message 18 of 26

the light colour on the router is white.

0 Likes

Message 19 of 26

Could you just tell me what colour the light is on your router as it appears that it isn't connected to the Internet at the moment

Chris

0 Likes

StormChaser
Wise Owl
Message 20 of 26

i dont know what wifi optimisation but if it will help. then yes... i been in the router looking to try to sort something but gave up and came here.

StormChaser

0 Likes