FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

constant disconnecting

StormChaser
Wise Owl
Message 26 of 26

hello.

i am fed up with my wifi hub disconnect laptops in the home. and at times they cannot access websites. this is either the router has a dhcp issue, but i have also put static ip's on the devices. i thought these new routers were suppose to handle everything. looks like the cannot. i have even changed the dns from talktalk 79.79.79.79, 79.79.79.80 to google dns of 8.8.8.8 and 4.4.8.8 ....  still drops at times. can someone please sort this headache out? Im about to leave talktalk after 14years. can you also maybe send a new hub to test to see if this fixes it as well as look at talktalk's network. i shouldnt have to be changing DNS addresses here in the router.

StormChaser

0 Likes
25 REPLIES 25

Message 21 of 26

We could try disabling wifi optimisation just to see if it is causing any problems, would you like to give this a try?

Chris

0 Likes

StormChaser
Wise Owl
Message 22 of 26

one pc which is wireless can be on the other side of the wall next to the router and it will disconnect and then reconnect. sometimes not and i have to click connect. the other pc in the same room is wired to the router. it doesnt disconnect unless the router looses connection or drops sites saying to look at the DNS, the 2 laptops in the bedroom one can disconnect and then within 2mins the other will disconnect maybe less than a minute. i am fed up of turning the router of and on too. if

StormChaser

0 Likes

Message 23 of 26

Do all devices seem to drop at the same time as far as you are aware? Does it make any difference how far the device is away from the router?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 24 of 26

HI chris

thanks for your reply. the light on the router is constant white. i logged into the router as well from a wired pc and the connection has not dropped from talktalk either and/or the router to reboot .... the uptime has not changed back to starting to count all over.

StormChaser

0 Likes

Chris-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 25 of 26

Hi StormChaser,

Sorry to hear that you're experiencing problems with your router, have you noticed if the light changes on your router when the connection drops?

Chris

0 Likes