FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

disconnecting and slow speeds

Bert04
Popular Poster
Message 12 of 12

Hello, I am on the fibre 148mb connection for about six months now and my router has been disconnecting all the time for at least a few days now. My gaming console is hard wired and my laptop and phones are wireless. I have done all suggested steps, resetting router etc I do see on your service status page that two of my devices have issues, the devices being an alcatel device and a Samsung device, which I'm presuming are the modem and router. It's so bad now that my speeds on the hardwired gaming console are at 48mb, which should be more than adequate, but I'm being disconnected so often that I cannot play a game or stream and my laptop just keeps coming up as disconnected every time I try to use it. Ideas??

0 Likes
11 REPLIES 11

Message 1 of 12

Hi Bert04

I'm so glad to hear this, thanks for letting us know 🙂

Debbie

0 Likes

Bert04
Popular Poster
Message 2 of 12

Hi Debbie, my speed is back up to 140mb+. Thanks for all your help 🙂

Message 3 of 12

Hi Bert04

I have arranged the engineer visit for 25/06 PM (1pm - 6pm)

Please let us know how you get on following this visit.

Thanks

Debbie

Message 4 of 12

Thank you Karl, hope to hear soon

Message 5 of 12

Hi Bert, 

I'll drop you a PM with some info to complete, to allow a booking to progress.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes

Message 6 of 12
yes
0 Likes

Message 7 of 12

Hi Bert04

Thanks for your reply.

The next step will be to arrange an engineer visit. Would you like me to arrange this visit?

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 8 of 12

Hi again Debbie, absolutely no changes at all. The T.V, console and laptop have not moved and the router/modem are sitting on a table in the corner right beside the phone socket and no cables have been touched moved since installation. I have checked all cables are connected properley.

0 Likes

Message 9 of 12

Hi Bert04

Thanks for updating your Community Profile.

I've completed a line test which has detected a possible fault towards the property.

Have any changes been made to your set up since the installation?

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 10 of 12

Hi Debbie, I have now added my details so you can test things. Thanks

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 11 of 12

Hi Bert04

Please can you add your name and TalkTalk landline number to your Community Profile, we can then look into this for you.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes