FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

download speed has dropped 50% and im paying for the full speed

matty87081
Conversation Starter
Message 8 of 8

recently ive been noticing that my download speed is reaching the high 30s instead of advertised speeds of 50-80mbps. only recently this has been happening.ive checked everything i can and restarted my router but nothings changed,i could do with some help if possible.as i need high speeds for work. thank you 

mr M george
0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7

Message 1 of 8

Hello,

What device are you running the speed test on? How many devices are connected to the line? Are they all experiencing slow speeds?

Thanks

0 Likes

matty87081
Conversation Starter
Message 2 of 8

I've just switched channels and that didn't seem to change the speed at all. still hovering around the 28 to 30 mark..

mr M george
0 Likes

Message 3 of 8

Hi,

The line test is still clear and the sync speed still looks good. Have you checked a few different wireless channels to see how the speeds compare?

Thanks

0 Likes

matty87081
Conversation Starter
Message 4 of 8

im running them wireless. my router is downstairs and i dont have a laptop to plug into with an ethernet cable.

mr M george
0 Likes

Message 5 of 8

Hello,

Are you running the speed tests wired or wireless?

Thanks

0 Likes

matty87081
Conversation Starter
Message 6 of 8

yeah i tried that with no success. the download speed looks like its capped at no higher than 30mbps and wont go any higher, a few weeks ago i was getting high 70s for the download speed. i just dont know whats wrong.

mr M george
0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 7 of 8

Hello,

I've run a test on the line which hasn't detected a fault and the sync speed looks ok. Are you running the speed tests wired or wireless? Did you also try powering down the router for a full 30 minutes as this will reset the current session and can often increase the throughput speed?

Thanks

0 Likes