FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

download speed slow while upload speed normal

uncle cam
First Timer
Message 4 of 4

I have an abnormal speed situation with my Faster Broadband connection.

From ISP to modem (TalkTalk super hub) : download 35.2 mbps, upload 8.5 mbps ; on TalkTalk dashboard which is normal.

From router (TalkTalk super hub) to my devices : download 7.5 mbps, upload 8 mbps for both ethernet cable and wifi connection

Tried RJ11 cable change, Ethernet cable change, Modem/router factory reset but all could not solve the problem. 

What could be the reason ?   

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3

Message 1 of 4

Hi uncle cam

Apologies for the delay.

Would you like me to send a replacement router?

Can you please update your community profile to include your:

• Name
  • Telephone number
  • Alternative contact number

We'll then look into this further. Please do not post this information on this thread. Once you've updated your profile please post in your topic to confirm it's updated. 

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 2 of 4

Thanks a lot for your advise. I will try it next time.

A service engineer had come this morning and confirmed that I need a new router.  The speed was 35mbps with a test router of the engineer. 

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Message 3 of 4

Hi @uncle cam,

Have you tried switching the router off for over 30 minutes, then when you switch it back on it will start a new 'session' in the street cabinet, this can sometimes help resolve random 'throughput' issues like this.

For one of the TalkTalk staff on this community to be able to look into this you will need to update your community profile to include your name, landline telephone number that your TalkTalk service is provided on & an alternative contact number. This will allow them to identify you, and they will then be able to help.

Don't post any personal details in this thread, just add them to your community profile.

Then they will hopefully be able to respond to this post within a day or two.