FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

fiber upgrade

Holmesi1
Message 3 of 3

Hi can somone confirm that the correct process happened to me. 

So after a while on being on fiber with talk talk i called up and asked to be  to put on a higher speed tear, also on fiber. 

they then insisted on sending me another router even though i had been setup with new hardware not log previously. i pointed out i already had the most resent router and modem they offered and did not need it but they insisted on sending a new router that is the exact model number to the one i have. i was then roped into another 18 month contract even all it should have been is someone changing their setting their end up upgrading my speed and was not happy about this but had no other option. 

now i have checked my package online and im showing as having tv, phone and internet even though i do not have a tv box and never had and im paying £40 pounds for fiber 250 which is the cost of the 500 package. 

would appreciate it if any mods can look into this for me. or if anyone can advise. 

many thanks

iain 

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 1 of 3

Hi Holmesi1

Martswain is correct, G.fast would be the 150 or 250 service, and FTTP would be the 500mb service.

Karl 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes

martswain
Philosopher
Message 2 of 3

@Holmesi1 

If your service comes over the phone line, then you would have been upgraded from g.fast Fibre 150 to g.fast Fibre 250.

The 500 service is only available as full fibre (FTTP) and is called Future Fibre - Data Only, it does not include a phone line at all, the service comes over a real fibre cable into your home.

Any change of product normally requires a new contract term unless it is offered for free by TT.

All the TT products are described on the web page below.

https://kenstechtips.com/index.php/talktalk-broadband-review

0 Likes