FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

fibre 65, no improvement

maxrock2
First Timer
Message 10 of 10

Hi,

I joined fibre 65 a few months ago after noticing a notice on the talk talk website that it was now available in my area. I thought this would mean some improvement in the speeds that I was getting, which was typically around the 32mbs area. Upon joining however, the speeds stayed the same, and my upload speed actually got a bit worse. So I contacted talk talk live about this and the operator mentioned that they had received a message from ofcom that I wasn't receiving the 'full product'. I have been waiting for speeds to increase but they haven't.. I feel that the estimated speeds talk talk give of 24-29mbs are far too low for the package I am now on. The last operator who I talked to said that they had not received any such messages from ofcom. I have made two complaints to Ofcom about the slow speeds but I have yet to get a reply from them Has anyone else had this problem, or cangive me some advice as to how to rectify my problem? Thanks.

0 Likes
9 REPLIES 9

Message 1 of 10

Hi maxrock2,

Line test is clear and you router is in sync at 32.4Mbps. Are you experiencing any problems with your telephone service, any noise on the line?

Chris

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Message 2 of 10

I'll re-escalate this for you. Staff will follow up for you on this thread. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

maxrock2
First Timer
Message 3 of 10

Talk Talk texted me on the morning today, (23rd of September) saying they would contact me about my complaint between 6 and 8. I waited for two hours and they failed to do so. Really shoddy customer service Talk Talk. The fact that it was my birthday on that day too was the icing on my birthday cake.

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 4 of 10

Morning,

Can you please update your community profile to include your:

• TalkTalk Telephone number

•  

We'll then look into this further. Please do not post this information on this thread. Once you've updated your profile please post in your topic to confirm it's updated.

Thanks

0 Likes

Divsec
Community Star
Message 5 of 10

Hi @maxrock2 unfortunately tt don't do calls, so but do need your phone number in your profile details so they can find the best way to identify your account and get things sorted. 

I don't work here and all my opinions are my own.
0 Likes

maxrock2
First Timer
Message 6 of 10

Hi, thanks for your replies. Yes I tried a 30 minute shut down of my router but it didn't work. I have noticed that talk talk wants to help me about the problem and so will wait for their call.

0 Likes

maxrock2
First Timer
Message 7 of 10

I will let you know what happens.

0 Likes

martswain
Philosopher
Message 8 of 10

OFCOM do not take individual complaints.

It sounds like you could well have been sold a product that your line is not capable of handling, speeds depend on the length of your line to the fibre cabinet.

TT keep trying to upsell me from 35 to 65 with exactly the same wording (now available in your area) in my online account, but I know full well my line can only handle around 32/5 and taking the artificial cap off, which is all that a 35 to 65 upgrades does, would not make one iota of a difference to my speeds.

@maxrock2  what is your MINIMUM GUARANTEED SPEED as advised by your upgrade notification or from Service Centre ?

0 Likes

Divsec
Community Star
Message 9 of 10

Hi @maxrock2 Your post has been flagged for assistance and you should hear soon but please remember that the staff here work office hours. In the meantime please check your community profile and add your landline phone number which is used to identify your account.

have you tried a 30 minute router reboot this often improves things? 

I don't work here and all my opinions are my own.
0 Likes