FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

fibre broadband getting 8MBPS for over a fortnight

jren37
First Timer
Message 5 of 5

Guys

I have tried to go through the service centre and am awaiting yet another test on my line but 8MBPS for fibre is not right 

I've found even looking on my account it has been below the guaranteed speed for weeks with the max being 13 at one point 

Today's dashboard advising its not even getting to the house at the right speed never mind in the house 

Speed to your Router

Est. speed: 20 Mbps - 25 Mbps
Measured speed today: 13 Mbp (speed test just done says 8! not 13)

also I keep getting track fault but cannot go any further on the dashboard with the case??

Any hints or tips guys to help out as this is proving to be as rubbish as normal broadband with talk talk at 3mbps

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4

Message 1 of 5

Morning,

Thanks for confirming. I've raised this over to Openreach now for an external line investigation to be completed. If you don't hear anymore in 48hrs then please let us know and we can re-check for an update on the fault for you.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 2 of 5

HI The voice service is fine many thanks 

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 3 of 5

Hello,

I'm sorry for the delay. I've run a test on the line now which has detected a potential fault. Just to confirm, are you experiencing any issues with the voice service such as noise on the line or no dial tone? If the voice service is ok then please let us know and we can raise this over to Openreach to investigate the broadband fault.

Thanks

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Message 4 of 5

I have asked one of TalkTalk's OCEs to pick your thread up and investigate it for you.

They aim to respond within 48 hours (Monday - Friday), but if more urgent you can always try the Service Centre. The posts are responded to in time/date order, oldest first. Please try to avoid posting on here until TalkTalk have responded to you, otherwise, this will just put you further down the queue.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they?