FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

fibre connection drops daily, even when using test socket

mea02jct
First Timer
Message 8 of 8

Hi,

we've had ongoing problems with our broadband connection (Fibre 65) for several months - the connection will drop once or twice a day for a few minutes each time (the router turns to orange flashing light, sometimes requiring manual reset to come back). This is very frustrating when working from home.

These issues continue to happen whether connected via the test socket or not. The online 'live connection test' always seems fine, even if I run it during a disconnection.

Approximately a year ago we had openreach come out and replace our master socket and adjust something in the exchange in order to fix previous connection problems. We also had the router replaced. Despite these fixes I'm worried there may be residual issues with the connection to the exchange.

The standard troubleshooting steps never work, is there anything else I can try?

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7

Message 1 of 8

Hello,

I'm sorry to hear this. I can see that this has been raised to Openreach, please let us know how you get on.

Thanks

0 Likes

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Message 2 of 8

What model of router do you have ?

0 Likes

mea02jct
First Timer
Message 3 of 8

Just wanted to add to this - I still get occasional drop outs on my fibre connection. Not very often but I've had a few over the last week and always seems to be during the working day, which is very disruptive when you work from home. To me, a connection that drops 1-2x a day still feels like a lot. Are there any other diagnostic steps I can take (beyond checking the landline)?

0 Likes

Message 4 of 8

Hi mea02jct

If you do experience further issues then please let us know.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 5 of 8

Thanks for the suggestion Skynet_TX. Unfortunately I don't have a landline phone anywhere in the house. I'll see whether I can borrow one and try it out

@Chris-TalkTalk yes, it's doing a bit better over the last couple of days. Would be great if the trend continues!

0 Likes

Message 6 of 8

Hi mea02jct,

Line test is passing and only showing a couple of reconnections over the last few days. If you're still experiencing problems can you please answer Skynet_TX's question about your landline

Chris

0 Likes

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Message 7 of 8

Hi @mea02jct,

If you have a landline phone can you check to see if that is working normally (i.e. you have a clear dial tone and no noise on the line).

The TalkTalk staff on this community will be able to help, they will hopefully be able to respond to this post tomorrow.

0 Likes