FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

fibre keeps dropping out but router says it is ok

colinlw
Participant
Message 29 of 29

since upgrading to faster fibre and renewing my contract a couple of months ago, out internet has frequently disconnected. i logged with by phone and talked to support but they have not fixed it. i logged into the router the last few times it happened and the router says it has been up for days, and it is connected to WIFI and WAN with no problems logged. the speed is lower than expected though.

hopefully you can get this resolved,

thanks

Colin

colinlw
0 Likes
28 REPLIES 28

Message 1 of 29

Hi colinlw

The replacement router is on its way, please allow 24-48hrs for this to arrive.

Let us know how the connection compares with this router.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

colinlw
Participant
Message 2 of 29

the router is a few months old, but i suppose it could be faulty.

could you send another please.

the service is not fit for purpose at the moment so that is something easy to try.

colinlw
0 Likes

Message 3 of 29

Hello,

I'm sorry to hear this. Can I just confirm, have you recently tested with a different router? If not then we can send a replacement router for testing purposes to rule this out.

Thanks

colinlw
Participant
Message 4 of 29

now 0.2Mbps down and 7Mbps up. getting worse....

colinlw
0 Likes

colinlw
Participant
Message 5 of 29

now 0.6Mbps down and 12Mbps up....

colinlw
0 Likes

colinlw
Participant
Message 6 of 29

now it is 40Mbps down and 11Mbps up ??

colinlw
0 Likes

colinlw
Participant
Message 7 of 29

speedtest is now showing download about 2Mbps and upload at 7Mbps.

earlier when download was 0.6Mbps upload was 13Mbps.

colinlw
0 Likes

colinlw
Participant
Message 8 of 29

still 'dropping', but i ran a speed test when i 'lost' connection and the connection was still there, but the speedtest reported 0.6Mb speed.

when i rebooted the router 1st time it resynced to 40Mb.

colinlw
0 Likes

Message 9 of 29

Hi, 

OK, monitor a little longer and report back.

Karl.

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes

colinlw
Participant
Message 10 of 29

i was still getting drop outs and realised i was still using the old balun and cable. i swapped for the new balun and cable and reset the router this morning.

i will log again if it still drops. 

colinlw
0 Likes

Message 11 of 29

Hello,

Thanks for confirming. Would it be possible to post back here tomorrow morning and we can re-check the connection stats and the stability of the connection for you?

Thanks

0 Likes

colinlw
Participant
Message 12 of 29

i have plugged straight into the test socket now. fingers crossed..

colinlw
0 Likes

Message 13 of 29

Morning,

I've re-checked the connection stats now and the connection does look unstable, however the line test is still clear. Does your main socket have a test socket? If it does then would it be possible to connect the microfilter, router and phone directly at the test socket for 24hrs so we can see how the stability compares please?

Thanks

0 Likes

colinlw
Participant
Message 14 of 29

internet dropped temporarily twice today. still not reliable like it was before the 'upgrade' to fibre 65.

colinlw
0 Likes

Message 15 of 29

Morning,

I'm sorry for the delay. I've run a test on the line which hasn't detected a fault. How has the connection been since your last post?

Thanks

0 Likes

colinlw
Participant
Message 16 of 29

we have started to notice loss of internet again, total loss on wired and wifi.

happened today at 2pm but it was restored after rebooting the router, which had the blue light on even though there was no internet.

it has happened before over the last few weeks and usually comes back on after a few minutes. is this a general loss or just us?

colinlw
0 Likes

Message 17 of 29

Hi Colin,

Were you provided with a predicted speed range for the line? If not then we can check this for you. We would just need to confirm some details with you first.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 18 of 29

hello Michelle,

i am on fibre 65 but my current speed is low 30's.

my previous contract was 32Mb i think, but the new one seems about the same speed, and was less reliable. it looks much better since we had the new router, but no faster.

thanks

Colin.

colinlw
0 Likes

Message 19 of 29

Hi Colin,

Thanks for the update. Can I just confirm, what speeds were you previously receiving?

Thanks

0 Likes

colinlw
Participant
Message 20 of 29

wireless connection now showing better latency of 9ms but still only 36Mb speed.

thanks

Colin.

colinlw
0 Likes