FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

fibre speed boost not active

kandasamy
Popular Poster
Message 7 of 7

Hi, last week i upgraded from normal fibre at 30mbps to the fibre speed boost which was said to give me atleast 60mbps, however this has not seemed to be the case two days into the upgrade i was sent a new router as my speeds didnt change even after unplugging this new router for an hour the line is still around 35mbps. i was wondering if anything can be done to fix my issue. 

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6

Message 1 of 7

Hi kandasamy,

Thanks for the information

I've just run a line test and your router appears to be in sync now at 78.4Mbps. Is everything looking OK at your end now?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 2 of 7

it was through the talktalk website and i also got a sort of confirmation email which said " You'll soon be setup with our Faster Fibre package." but it seems to have not gone through as a bt openreach engineer say the house is still registered as 40 up 10 down, not the new 70 up

0 Likes

Chris-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 3 of 7

Hi kandasamy,

Thanks for updating your profile, can I ask how did you upgrade to the speed boost?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 4 of 7

Yes I’ve done this and did it today just in case but nothing has changed stop at 36 mbps. Also update my details.

0 Likes

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 5 of 7

Hi kandasamy

Just to confirm, have you recently powered down your router for a full 30 minutes and then run a speed test following this?

Can you please update your community profile to include your:

• Name
  • Telephone number
  • Alternative contact number

We'll then look into this further. Please do not post this information on this thread Once you've updated your profile please post in your topic to confirm it's updated. 

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Divsec
Community Star
Message 6 of 7

Hi Kandasamy welcome to the community. Your post has been flagged for assistance and you should hear shortly, in the meantime please check your community profile and add your landline phone number it is used to identify your account please don't post personal details here.

I don't work here and all my opinions are my own.
0 Likes