FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

fibre150 installation

Greg007
First Timer
Message 8 of 8

I've just upgraded to Fibre 150 (£32 per month version). The engineer is booked for 7th February to undertake the installation.

I've got a Non-NTE box at point of entry into house (near front door) but no 3 pin 13amp power socket adjacent. in the lounge I currently have a Huawei HG633 Home Gateway, Super Router connected to the Non-NTE box with a standard phone extension cable and an in-line filter, and 3 pin 13amp power sockets adjacent.

Could someone please give me an idea of the works that are likely to be undertaken.

Thanks, Greg

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7

Message 1 of 8

Ooops, sorry - I meant to redact the personal bits.

In my account it says Fibre 150 - can't see any reference to "Future" and going by the response from martswain if it was Future Fibre 150 then I would lose my landline and that is something I didn't agree to or remember discussing with your colleague.

Looks like it is straight forward Fibre 150 then. Are there any particular installation requirements I need to consider before the engineer arrives?

Thanks and Regards, Greg

0 Likes

martswain
Philosopher
Message 2 of 8

@Greg007 if you are getting Future Fibre you will also lose your landline unless you have been invited to be part of the VoIP trial.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 8

Hello,

I've deleted your attachments as they contained personal information. Please do not post any personal information on the Community. Does it show the name of the package if you log into your My Account?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 4 of 8

Hi Michelle,

Thanks for your prompt response, it is most appreciated. From the two attachments could you please let me know if Fibre 150 or Future Fibre 150 is being installed at my property. I'm afraid I didn't realise there were two products with similar names but very different installation needs when I signed up to the upgrade - I just took the advice of your colleague as to what would best suit my needs.

Thanks and Regards, Greg

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 5 of 8

Hi,

Please let us know if you need any assistance 🙂

Thanks

0 Likes

martswain
Philosopher
Message 6 of 8

If it is Fibre 150 or Future Fibre 150 - Data Only ?

If it's the second then @bigkenny 's link will help you.

If you are getting g.fast Fibre 150 over the phone line then you also need a standalone modem in addition to the HUB, that obviously need a power supply too.

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/Your-Fibre-150-250-installation/ta-p/2569618

0 Likes

bigkenny
Enlightened One
Message 7 of 8
0 Likes