FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

> 150mb with TalkTalk - BT Openreach say yes, TalkTalk says no?

MrMaxP
First Timer
Message 6 of 6

I've got 150mb Future Fibre. I've had it for over a year, I was on the initial trial. TalkTalk is saying I can't upgrade to 500 or 900 as it's not available in my area, however, BT OpenReach's website says my area is fully upgraded to 1Gb and any provider can offer it to me.

I'm now stuck, I can either believe TalkTalk and do nothing, or believe BT and cancel my TalkTalk and go with another provider who says they can give me more, with the risk being that they can't and TalkTalk was right all along. I have no way of finding out!

I'm mainly just moaning about my 1st world problem, but if anyone has any idea of how to contact BT's technical department to confirm availability then I could stop moaning 🙂

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5

Message 1 of 6

Hi @MrMaxP

I have asked our future fibre team, and they have confirmed that the top speed we can offer you is is Fibre 150, which is what you are currently on.  

They did say this will change in the future but could not give a timescale. 

Sorry.

0 Likes

MrMaxP
First Timer
Message 2 of 6

Thanks! I've added that information.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 6

Hi @MrMaxP

Thanks for your post

I can look into this but first, can you please update your community profile to include:

Name

Telephone number or account number.

Please do not post this information on this thread. Once you've updated your profile please post in your topic to confirm it's updated.

Regards

0 Likes

MrMaxP
First Timer
Message 4 of 6

Hi. Yes, they tell me 150mb is the max speed in my area. However, BT tell me 1gb is available, which is my dilemma 😁

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 5 of 6

Hello,

I'm sorry for the delay. Have you also spoken to our Sales Team to see if this is currently available?

Thanks

0 Likes