FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

here we go again...Broadband speed down

ChrisJH
Conversation Starter
Message 16 of 16

last week I renewed my contract - when my connection was running at between 16 and 17 meg...... however a day after and the connection simply failed.. on/off  on/off - 13 times we counted

a fault on the line was identified and an engineer came out to fix 2 days later and we got the notification - all fixed......however since which time the line has not updated and is a max speed of

Upstream  Downstream

Current Rate (kbps)19988800
Max Rate (kbps)231516395
SNR Margin (dB)611.9
Line Attenuation (dB)63.325.3
Errors (pkts)00

over a year ago I had to buy a TP link 2800 as the supplied router the DSL 3782 wasn't giving enough wireless signal to reach the work room where now my wife works from home. (good old C-Virus)...the TP Link 2800 worked absolutely fine

Now.... we have a constant line signal - ok it's dropped twice, once in the middle of a video conference... but it hasn't updated and remains a constant 8.8 meg... very disappointing

I rebooted the 2800 to see if that made any difference... but no 8.8 download speed it is....

so can I ask.. thoughts please ... I can try putting the DSL 3782 back in the system after the boss has finished for today to test everything if you think that is of value ??

thank you in advance

Chris

Chris Huff BA, PGDip, MA. Archaeologist & Author
0 Likes
15 REPLIES 15

Message 1 of 16

No problem. Hopefully it will be soon but I can't give you a time frame at the moment 

Chris

0 Likes

Message 2 of 16

Thanks for the response - truly appreciated all the help

any idea if full fibre is going to be soon with TalkTalk - BT are offering 50meg full fibre now (Just earwigged over there and checked)

0 Likes

Message 3 of 16

Hi Chris,

Glad to hear the engineer has managed to improve your speed. Regarding full fibre - If you live in an area where Future Fibre is currently available, we’ll send you an email or direct mail to let you know. We’re looking forward to offering Future Fibre to customers in every corner of Britain as soon as possible and we’ll make sure you’re the first to know when you can sign up.

Chris

Message 4 of 16

many thanks - engineer has been and signal immediately jumped back to 16 meg

many thanks for getting the engineer sorted for me

was chatting and he was wondering why I'm not on full fibre as the box is on the telephone pole almost outside the house.... I replied that I wasn't offered it

how do I go about getting full fibre - as it is obviously available - rather than the " fibre over phone line" that I have at present - for it is only going to have the same problem that i'm now encountering again and again

Chris

Message 5 of 16

Hi Chris,

I've booked the earliest appointment available, tomorrow AM (October 07 2020, 8am-1pm) - please let us know how you get on

Chris

Message 6 of 16

Hi Chris,

Thanks for answering the security questions, I've sent you a PM to confirm some other details 

Thanks
Chris

Message 7 of 16

If you'd like us to arrange the engineer visit can you confirm:

• That you accept potential Engineers charges
  • Provide availability, either AM (8am to 1pm) or PM (1pm to 6pm) between Monday to Friday.

I've also sent you a PM to confirm some other details 

Thanks

Chris

0 Likes

Message 8 of 16

thanks for monitoring - please do something ... its only been this bad since an engineer "fixed" the line a week or so ago - absolutely nothing else has changed in the system..... it is now stable though I have to say......

Chris

0 Likes

Message 9 of 16

OK thanks for the update Chris. As your speed hasn't improved we can arrange an engineer visit. If you'd like us to go ahead please let us know and we'll confirm some details 

Chris

0 Likes

Message 10 of 16
Line has been stable now for just a tad under 4 days... no drop outs at all... but still on 8.8 meg - that's stable too.... i'm sorry to say  8(

something is still wrong somewhere
Chris

Line Status: Connected
DSL Up Time: 3 days 20 hours 49 minutes
DSL Modulation Type: VDSL2
Annex Type: Annex A/L

Upstream Downstream

Max Rate (kbps)269819755
SNR Margin (dB)7.414.7
Line Attenuation (dB)62.725.1
Errors (pkts)00
0 Likes

Message 11 of 16
0 Likes

Message 12 of 16

Hi there

Phone socket.. single phone socket made by BT installed by telephone engineer in 2019... then a splitter to the Phone and Router - that's all... have tried a second RJ11 cable just in case but no difference it just doesn't move off 8.8 meg although as you can see there is the potential for 19 meg....

no undue noise - crackles etc on the phone line... 

I'll leave it for the weekend or mid week and see what happens then get back if nothing changes

Chris

0 Likes

Message 13 of 16

Hi Chris,

If your connection remains stable with a low error count DLM should move you to a faster profile over the next couple of days

How many telephone sockets do you have? Do you have anything connected to your telephone socket(s) in addition to your router?

Are you experiencing any problems with your telephone service, any noise on the line?

Chris

0 Likes

ChrisJH
Conversation Starter
Message 14 of 16

Cheers skynet...thanks for replying

yes tried that...  I found an update for the modem router and installed and replaced the RJ11 cable (just in case)

alas.....no improvement

Upstream Downstream

Max Rate (kbps)269119503
SNR Margin (dB)7.414.7
Line Attenuation (dB)62.725.2
Errors (pkts)00

but at least I Have internet and Email so all is not lost 8)... must keep positive in these dire and dismal days.... everyone is having a bad time of things

cheers again

Chris

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Message 15 of 16

Hi @ChrisJH ,

If there has been a fault on the line that has caused lots of reconnections then it may be that the staff here can 'reset' things on your line to bring the speeds back up, they will hopefully be able to respond to this post within a working day or two.

Have you tried switching the router off for over 30 minutes, then when you switch it back on it will start a new 'session' in the street cabinet, this can sometimes help resolve issues like this.