FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

high latency

stokeash
Chat Champion
Message 57 of 57

Hi guys im having some ridiculous pings at the moment of up to 200ms its usually around 30ms and as you can imagine its affecting vieo calling and gaming massively. also xbox is reporting packet loss. speed is fine at 17mb but theres definetly an issue somehere. 

weve always had trouble had about 10 engineers since living here its looking like i need another but im not calling because they dont understand.

0 Likes
56 REPLIES 56

Message 21 of 57

Hi stokeash,

Sorry to hear you're still experiencing problems, I can see that your connection is very unstable. How many telephone sockets do you have? Is your router still connected to the test socket?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 22 of 57
Internet still drops constantly there’s obviously a fault open reach can’t be bothered to fix I’ve given up
0 Likes

Message 23 of 57

Hi stokeash

Apologies for this.

Is the router still connected at the test socket? Which router are you currently using?

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 24 of 57

Okay so an update, I think ive narrowed this down to disconections, i have never seen my router be connected more than 2 days since the engineer which is possibly just causing interleaving to go crazy hence the slow sluggish unresponsive service?

0 Likes

Message 25 of 57

Hi stokeash,

Just to confirm, is it only at peak times? Is the connection fine during the day? Do the speeds also drop at peak times? Would it be possible to run a ping and trace route wired when the connection is good and also when this issue occurs and post the results into the thread?

Can you also run a few speed tests at peak and off peak times of the day and we'll ask our Network Team to take another look at this.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 26 of 57

Update.

Okay so the day after my post i had 6 drops. I have a massive amount of errors again and things like ebay and facebook are struggling to load when its at its worst. I have left the router connected and its managed to stay up for nearly 2 days but like i say the internet is barely usable at peak times again but i dont want to reset it.

0 Likes

Message 27 of 57

Hi stokeash,

Thanks for the update 🙂

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 28 of 57
Thank you very much for the help I really appreciate it I can use Facebook again now! will do.
0 Likes

Message 29 of 57

Hi

Glad the engineer has made some improvements.  

Monitor and if anything changes, let us know.

Thanks

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

Message 30 of 57

far better ping times now as well. same with trace routes.far better ping times now as well. same with trace routes.

0 Likes

Message 31 of 57

Update.

so the engineer just left after resetting the ports and other tests he said where i am the wiring is awful and i'll always have problems and it'll probably only last a week......but as its stands everything is working smoothly again low latency and far less errors so i find it all pretty strange. I have gained quite a significant downlod increase as you can see and fec errors are working properly now??

hopefullly it will stay like this

0d:0h:34m:47s
6.8 dB / 6.0 dB
6.7 dB / 27.4 dB
5.1 dbm / 5.2 dbm
606 kbps / 22374 kbps
0 / 36
0 / 0
1298 / 1298
0 / 144
0 / 39
0 Likes

Message 32 of 57

Hi

I've requested the appointment and will reply as soon as this is confirmed.

Thanks

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 33 of 57

Hi

BT DLM report for Saturday shows a lot of network errors.

Next option is to raise this for an engineer visit.

I'll PM you with some info required.

Thanks

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

Message 34 of 57
up
ITU G.993.2(VDSL2)
ANNEX_B
0d:0h:2m:5s
8.2 dB / 6.5 dB
6.7 dB / 27.4 dB
5.1 dbm / 5.2 dbm
555 kbps / 16495 kbps
0 / 0
0 / 0
47 / 47
0 / 268953

0 Likes

Message 35 of 57

okay so things got really slow just now and i did a ping to google.com and it seems very  unstable.okay so things got really slow just now and i did a ping to google.com and it seems very unstable.

0 Likes

Message 36 of 57

Connection has dropped 3 times today. After the first drop the broadband went smoother around 1pm then it reset about 5 and things got sluggish and stuttery again and its literally just dropped connection again. 

0 Likes

Message 37 of 57

Screenshot (3).pngScreenshot (4).pngScreenshot (6).pngScreenshot (7).png

0 Likes

Message 38 of 57
I'll do this right away, Thanks.
0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 39 of 57

Hi stokeash,

Would it be possible to run a wired ping and trace route when the connection is ok and another wired ping and trace route when the pages are loading slowly and post the results into the thread.

We can then ask our Network Team to take another look for you.

Run a Ping or Traceroute

Thanks

Message 40 of 57
Hi Chris,

No I've checked its the same when everything is off and just say using a phone but....that's exactly what it feels like almost as if someone is using our internet. could this be congestion causing this part? because its far better at say 2am and becomes more fluent and usable but anything after 5pm is a nightmare.

could there be like a few heavy users that are causing this connected to the same cabinet? either that or rein? I have ran out of ideas.

Thanks
0 Likes