FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

high ping jumping randomly

damianero
Chatterbox
Message 14 of 14

My internet connection is randomly dropping when I play games ping jumps to 999ms then is going back to normal during 1h of gaming it can happen up to 5 times, I have the same problem when i connect to internet with cable or wifi, I have all bars of signal and my router is next to my pc, I asked for help 4 times now on live help or 45min on the phone, and everytime I am told that the issue was fixed but it isn't. when I run live test check on the talktalk website it doesnt show any issue.

damianero
0 Likes
13 REPLIES 13

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 1 of 14

Hi damianero,

Ok thanks for confirming and please let us know how you get on 🙂

Thanks

Message 2 of 14
i have it now I will be testing if it works better thanks
damianero

Message 3 of 14

I've ordered a router, it should be with you within a couple of days but please allow up to 5 working days for delivery 

Chris

Message 4 of 14
I dont have different router please send one for testing thank you
damianero
0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 5 of 14

Hi damianero,

Ok, do you have a different router that you can test with? If not then we can send a different router for testing purposes to rule this out.

Thanks

Message 6 of 14

I had internet from different providers before and havent got this issue on different router

damianero
0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 7 of 14

Hi damianero,

Thank you. Can I just confirm, have you ever tested with a different router, just before I pass this to our Network Team? 

Thanks

0 Likes

damianero
Chatterbox
Message 8 of 14

tracepring.jpgpingtalktalk.jpg

damianero
0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 9 of 14

Hi damianero,

Thank you. I've run a test on the line now which hasn't detected a fault and the connection stats looks consistent. Would it be possible to run a wired ping and trace route when the connection is ok and also when this happens and post the results into the thread.

Run a Ping or Traceroute

Thanks

0 Likes

damianero
Chatterbox
Message 10 of 14

done, updated my phone number

damianero

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 11 of 14

Hi damianero,

Can you please update your community profile to include your:

• TalkTalk Telephone number

We'll then look into this further. Please do not post this information on this thread. Once you've updated your profile please post in your topic to confirm it's updated. 

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 12 of 14

I have updated my profile info

damianero

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Message 13 of 14

Hi @damianero,

For one of the TalkTalk staff on this community to be able to look into this you will need to update your community profile to include your name, landline telephone number that your TalkTalk service is provided on & an alternative contact number. This will allow them to identify you, and they will then be able to help.

Don't post any personal details in this thread, just add them to your community profile.

Then they will hopefully be able to respond to this post within a working day or two.