FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

internet drops off very 2 mins or so

Geoff602
Popular Poster
Message 6 of 6

Internet connection disconnects every 2 mins or so . i am on a wired pc with some devices on wifi also. Everything goes off at the same time .Ok in the morning 6am to 9am then hit and miss through the day and then bad again from 5pm till 11pm. This has been happening foe about 6 weeks now. Really poor service. Been in touch with TT via chat. No help. They say line is fine which they always do. Engineer came out on 7th May. Homeset up fine but there was an issue with the line. Been in touch with TT support loads over the past 7 weeks but still no joy. They just end chat if they can't sort as they did last night after being on the chat for over an hour answering the usual scripted bull.... Very annoying.

Anyone got any ideas.

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5

Message 1 of 6

Hi

I do see some instability on the 26th, and one drop on 27th, then no more session drops, has the connection remained stable over the weekend or is the connection still dropping ?

As you are on G.Fast, look at the Openreach Modem, do the lights change / go off when the connection drops ?

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Message 2 of 6

The TalkTalk staff on here are very good & I am sure they will resolve the instability for you. They are well worth the wait until they are back on Monday.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

Message 3 of 6

OK cheers. Won't hold my breath though.

0 Likes

Message 4 of 6

Ok cheers  . won't hold my breath though

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Message 5 of 6

I have asked one of TalkTalk's support to pick your thread up and investigate it for you.

They aim to respond within 48 hours (Monday - Friday), but if more urgent you can always try the Service Centre on 0345 172 0088. The posts are responded to in time/date order, oldest first. Please try to avoid posting on here until TalkTalk has responded to you, otherwise, this will just put you further down the queue.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes