FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

internet keeps stopping

tonka2426
Team Player
Message 51 of 51

The last week or so my internet keeps stopping, then restarting, I have checked on Talk Talk help and support, but it says the problem is in gainsborough, I live in West Wales, but i'm still getting no internet. I have tried contacting Talk Talk, but thats a joke. I know there has been Fiber Optics work going on but that was ages ago. It's happening all the time day and night. Can someone tell me what is going on, because I haven't been able to find out.

0 Likes
50 REPLIES 50

Message 1 of 51

Thanks for the update, if you could bump the thread in a couple of days we'll see how you're getting on

Chris

0 Likes

Message 2 of 51

Openreach came and tried to do test, trouble was he had me down with my old number but managed to bypass that and he did the tests, He said he couldn't see anything wrong with the system even though my internet went out while he was here. He said my old number was still active even though on my account it says my old number was deactivated. He has reset my box and have took data which he said he will pass on to the engineering team at Talk Talk. I am hoping him resetting my system will have sorted the problem. He did show me my signal was dropping out about 30 times a day last year when I was having problems then. But said that that had been sorted, and showed me my signal after it was fixed. I am thinking of upgrading to a higher signal I get 37.5megs at the moment and was thinking of the 65megs. But I am going to wait to see if my net goes down again first, and then I will see.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 51

OK thanks. Line test is failing so I've logged this out to Openreach as a non-appointed task. Openreach will investigate over the next 72 hours and may contact you directly if they need to access your home. If you don't hear anything with 72 hours please bump the thread and we'll check for updates 

Chris

0 Likes

Message 4 of 51

As I said before about my phone number, you changed it. Use my old number, it will be on your records.

0 Likes

Message 5 of 51

GRRRR, Bring back the call centres back to the UK, i'm sick and bloody tired of being sent to another country I can't understand and nothing gets fixed, plus my net is going on and off all morning AGAIN (Tuesday 25th May 2021, 10,55am) IM SICK OF IT, IF IT KEEPS HAPPENING IM OFF AND NOT PAYING THE REST OF MY CONTRACT. 

0 Likes

Message 6 of 51

Hi tonka2426,

Could you dial 17070 from your land line and let us know if the number read back to you is the one in your community profile

Thanks

Chris

0 Likes

Message 7 of 51

Another thing that I still can't understand, I ask years ago for the TV boost to be taken off as I have Freeview and don't pay for TV, It says on my account that I don't have a TV package, but I just looked at upgrading to 67megs, it says I already have the tv package and would be charged £4 a month. so with a new package that would be £29 a month, but I don't want the TV package so would that be £25 a month? or would I have to pay for something I wouldn't be using. because if thats the case, i'll stay where I am.

0 Likes

Message 8 of 51

you have to use my old number, Talk Talk gave me another number, but it hasn't been recognised. everytime I give them my new number, they say they can't find it, They are the ones who give me the damn number.

0 Likes

Message 9 of 51

Hi tonka2426

Can I just check, have you added the correct landline number to your Community Profile? (please do not post the number on this thread)

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 10 of 51

No, always goes off and comes back on, but its at all times now, only used to happen on a Sunday night, would go off for exactly an hour and then come back on. I'd be in the middle of gaming, or on a video call with family and friends, it would go off, now it goes off for like a second, then comes back, but still kicks me off the net. This isn't anything to do with Talk Talks kit, this is Openreach or BT, they the ones keeps cutting lines so they can do work. I've had a new routers, I've had the BT box on the wall changed, so I know it's not the kit i'm using, My mate has the same problem, but he is with Plusnet. and online other people also on Talk Talk are also having the same problem. Why are BT doing this, just leave the bloody lines alone. 

0 Likes

Message 11 of 51

So has everything been OK since February when you last posted and another issue has now occurred? I have re-escalated this to the support team for you. 

tonka2426
Team Player
Message 12 of 51

So, my internet AGAIN keeps stopping and restarting, been doing it most of the day, (23/05/2021) I think its Openreach doing work on the exchange. What gets me is, no message to say my service will be interrupted. it's a real good job i'm not in university anymore or had a deadline. I am paying Talk Talk once a month for a service thats not working, why am I paying this. I phone up and it goes through to a different country where either I find it hard to understand the person I'm talking to, or they can't understand me. I tell them my internet keeps dropping out, and I get the usual stuff by going through all my electrical equipment, even though I have told them a million times its not my equipment, this is a problem outside my property. AND NOTHING GETS DONE. I am sick of it, this is a lifeline to the outside world, and I can't bloody well use it. SORT IT OUT TALK TALK or i'm off to another service.

0 Likes

Message 13 of 51

Hi tonka2426

Can I just check, have you added the correct landline number to your Community Profile? (please do not post the number on this thread)

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 14 of 51

Hi @tonka2426,

If you have never tested with a different router then it really might be a good idea to let TalkTalk send you a replacement to try, what harm could it do ?.

I totally understand that this is a very confusing fault that you are seeing, but eliminating your router as being the cause by trying a replacement would be a good thing to try. I admit there is no sensible reason why your router would behave in this way, but then equally there is no sensible reason why any of the external Openreach or TalkTalk equipment would behave in this way either, so eliminating different bits of hardware seems to be the way forward with this.

Additional random thought, do you have anything electrical in your home that might be switching on and running at the times you have these problems, just wondering if you have something that might be causing electromagnetic interference on your phone line. I have experienced a similar issue where the thermostat on my hot water tank can cut me off the internet when it operates as my phone line runs through the cupboard where the hot water tank is, and the thermostat gives off enough electrical interference to kill my internet connection !.

Message 15 of 51

No because it's not my router, it's not my box on the wall and its got nothing to do with in my building, this issue is happening from outside my building. Someone somewhere is cutting my signal sometimes up to an hour. There is nothing to do with my router, that is working fine, my signal is fine, when its on. The BT box on the wall is fine. everything inside my building is fine. it outside that is the problem. I don't know if it is BT at the exchange, or Openreach doing work online line at night. all I know is my internet loses signal for about an hour, then comes back on. and nobody can tell me why. I am paying for a service thats not working and im getting tired of it, I keep getting the same questions over and over again.  

0 Likes

Message 16 of 51

Hi tonka2426

Would you like me to send a replacement router for testing?

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 17 of 51

My internet has been going on and off since about 11pm last night and it hasn't stopped, keeps losing signal then coming back again. ALL NIGHT. why is this happening.?

0 Likes

Message 18 of 51

And now add to the list this weekend too, Started Saturday night, and went through to sunday morning, on and off on and off, all bloody night, couldn't go online, couldn't game. WHY IS THIS HAPPENING???

0 Likes

Message 19 of 51

NO I have not tested another different router. This has nothing to do with me, this loss of internet is from outside my building, not inside. Somewhere along the line it is cutting off and the reconnecting. started again last night (Saturday) and most of Sunday morning. I was told by one of your team that my internet has been losing signal, but I haven't been told why i'm losing the signal.

0 Likes

tonka2426
Team Player
Message 20 of 51

Friday evening and leading to saturday morning my internet stops and starts, been going on for hours, haven't been able to do anything online this weekend. So thanks a lot Talk Talk. I'm off to find better service, i've had enough.

0 Likes