FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

internet keeps stopping

tonka2426
Team Player
Message 51 of 51

The last week or so my internet keeps stopping, then restarting, I have checked on Talk Talk help and support, but it says the problem is in gainsborough, I live in West Wales, but i'm still getting no internet. I have tried contacting Talk Talk, but thats a joke. I know there has been Fiber Optics work going on but that was ages ago. It's happening all the time day and night. Can someone tell me what is going on, because I haven't been able to find out.

0 Likes
50 REPLIES 50

Message 21 of 51

Hi tonka2426

Thanks for your reply.

Have you recently tested with a different router?

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 22 of 51

when the connection is lost my light goes from white to flashing orange, then when the signal is reconnected the light goes white. I don't have my homesafe on, I saw told ages ago to activate it and the switch it off, which I did.  

0 Likes

Message 23 of 51

Morning,

Can I just confirm, when the connection goes off at midnight for 1 hour, do any of the lights change on the router or does it stay the same? If it stays the same then could you try adding HomeSafe in your My Account and once this is active then switch this off again please.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 24 of 51

I haven't been on past midnight the last few nights, so I haven't noticed. Do we know the reason why my internet was disconnected 3 times? Happened a lot last year too. I would mind if it happened in the day time as I am not busy in the day, but it happens at night when I am using my PC more. I like gaming at night, and the last few times my internet has been cut I have lost progress in my games, I play online with friends in game and I have lost items I should have won in game. It's really annoying. So would it be possible to find out why my net is being shut down for an hour every time.

0 Likes

Message 25 of 51

Hi tonka2426,

I've found your account now with the new information provided

Line test is clear and router is in sync at 40Mbps. Connection looks stable over the last couple of weeks apart from 3 disconnections on 20th and 1 on the 15th. Have you noticed any disconnections since the 20th?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 26 of 51

Hi, I have just noticed on my account it still has my old phone number, I wonder if this is why your not seeing my account? my old phone number was (Where I live) 359074

0 Likes

Message 27 of 51

Hi, I have added my account number and my address to my private notes section of my community profile, I hope this helps

0 Likes

Message 28 of 51

Hi tonka2426,

I'm really sorry but if we can't locate your account on our systems then we can't really look into this for you. If you don't know what your account number is then can you add your address to the private notes section of your community profile and we'll try to find your account base on that

Chris

0 Likes

Message 29 of 51

*@#][!![]'#[@#]!*, NO NOI NO NO, look just forget it. I have asked for help and all i'm getting is can you put your phone number, or can you do this or can you do that. just forget it. If my signal drops out one more time, then i'm going with someone who can help me sort my problem out when I asked for it to be sorted last year, I am fed up with all this wasting time rubbish, so just forget it. And it was me that started this thread. not anybody else. 

0 Likes

Message 30 of 51

Hi tonka2426

The requests to start a new thread aren't meant for you, as you can see they are for Sbailey89 and the earlier one is for Jaycal, who have both posted on your thread

Could you add your TalkTalk account number to the private notes section of your Community Profile and we'll use that to find your details

Thanks

Chris

0 Likes

Message 31 of 51

I did start your own thread, this is still the one I started last year, this issue has been going on since then. The original thread is: "internet keeps stopping."

0 Likes

Message 32 of 51

The number I am using was given to me by Talk Talk as I was getting nuisance phone calls. ever since I was given this number nobody has been able to find it. the number in my account is the number for my home phone, it's just not on the system. I do not understand why. 

0 Likes

Message 33 of 51

Hi Sbailey89,

If you need assistance can you please start your own thread (if you haven't already) and we'll be happy to help

Chris

0 Likes

Message 34 of 51

Hi tonka2426,

The start your own topic request was for Jaycal

Could you please check the telephone number in your Community profile again please as the number entered doesn't appear to be linked to an active account

Chris

Message 35 of 51

Mine was doing the same I was doing online quizzes and it keeps dropping out 

S Bailey
0 Likes

Message 36 of 51

As for starting my own topic, this is my own topic, It's an ongoing problem, so I started this topic some time ago.

0 Likes

Message 37 of 51

This only has started happening ever since I went on to fiber optics. before that, no problems.

0 Likes

Message 38 of 51

I have sorted out my home number, it was still my old number in my personal account details.
everything else is the same.

0 Likes

Message 39 of 51

no, all my homesafe is turned off. always has been. 

0 Likes

Message 40 of 51

Hi @Jaycal,

If you would like some help from the staff here on the community then you would need to start your own topic, as the staff here can only help one customer per topic.

Also, for one of the TalkTalk staff on this community to be able to look into your issue you will need to update your community profile to include your name, landline telephone number that your TalkTalk service is provided on & an alternative contact number. This will allow them to identify you, and they will then be able to help.

Don't post any personal details in your new topic, just add them to your community profile.

Then they will hopefully be able to respond to your topic within a working day or two.

0 Likes