FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

internet keeps stopping

tonka2426
Team Player
Message 51 of 51

The last week or so my internet keeps stopping, then restarting, I have checked on Talk Talk help and support, but it says the problem is in gainsborough, I live in West Wales, but i'm still getting no internet. I have tried contacting Talk Talk, but thats a joke. I know there has been Fiber Optics work going on but that was ages ago. It's happening all the time day and night. Can someone tell me what is going on, because I haven't been able to find out.

0 Likes
50 REPLIES 50

Jaycal
First Timer
Message 41 of 51

Keeps happening to me too. Done checks on network and line all come back saying all ok, but still the same. Router lights are always green, but in middle of games or watching TV through youview box losses connection. My router is about 4 years old and been told by talk talk that's it's ok. Thinking of leaving once contracts expires

J callaghan

Message 42 of 51

Hi @tonka2426,

Losing your connection for the same amount of time, at the same time every day, can be caused by the Homesafe settings.

Do you use any of the Homesafe services, if you do it would be worth switching them off to see if that helps.

Details on how to switch them on/off can be found towards the bottom of this article

If you don't currently have any of the Homesafe services switched on, then I know that some people have resolved issues like you are having by switching on Homesafe, waiting for 10 - 15 minutes, then switching it off again.

Message 43 of 51

At around 12 midnight till around 1am my internet goes off, it always goes off for an hour. After an hour it comes back on. This is nothing to do with my router, it's got nothing to do with the box on my wall, it's got nothing to do with any wiring, somebody is cutting my connection for an hour. it was happening a lot last year, I put up a few post, but ignored them as I was getting stupid questions that I already had gone over a thousand times. Someone at these times are cutting my signal. I run troubleshooter and get told that I have no DNS. Thats all it says. I click on show details, and it says I have no DNS. I have asked online why this happens, and other people have the same issues with other service providers. Whats going on? Why does my internet get cut at around midnight and then comes back on an hour later? I will be gaming tonight, and I am expecting my internet being stopped again. If this keeps happening, then I will have to find another service provider, I don't want to as I like Talk Talk. 

0 Likes

Message 44 of 51

Hi @tonka2426,

If you are getting drops of connection at different random times then it would be worth going to the Service Centre to do a test on your phone line, this will indicate if there is currently a fault on your line. You can also access this from the ‘My Account’ site.

Also, can you check to see if your landline is working normally (i.e. you have a clear dial tone and no noise on the line).

Can you dial 17070 on your phone, this will read back the number of the line, can you ensure this is the number that you have added to your community profile.

If your master phone socket has a test socket then you could also try the router in there, that would then eliminate any of the phone wiring in your home as being a possible cause of the problem.

The TalkTalk staff on this community will be able to help further, they will hopefully be able to respond to this post within a working day or two.

0 Likes

Message 45 of 51

about 18 months ago I had a new number as I had a few unwanted calls. but ever since I have had a new number, it hasn't registered everytime I call Talk Talk, the automotive system asks for my home number, I put it in, and it says it wasn't recognised.

0 Likes

Message 46 of 51

The lights flash orange when I lose my signal and white when it's reconnected

0 Likes

Message 47 of 51
Hi, there have been two replies to your original post in this topic (one from me and one from @Michelle-TalkTalk), please could you answer the questions that were asked in both of those posts, the staff here would then be able to help further. Note, you can't reply to these posts by replying to the notification email that you receive, you have to come back to this community and post your reply here.
0 Likes

Message 48 of 51

This is still happening, happened early hours of this morning. (20th Jan) from 12:15am to 1:15am. I was in the middle of a game with friends, and I lost connection I lost all my game play for last night. I'm getting really tired of it happening now, and when I ask for help from Talk Talk by either phone or mail, i'm getting nowhere.

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 49 of 51

Hi tonka2426,

I'm sorry to hear this. Please can you re-check and confirm if the telephone number in your Community Profile is correct? Please do not post any personal information on the Community.

Thanks

0 Likes

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Message 50 of 51

Hi @tonka2426,

What do the light(s) do on the router when you are having these issues, is it affecting both wired and wireless connections ?

The TalkTalk staff on this community will be able to help, they will hopefully be able to respond to this post within a working day or two. You may get faster support from the live chat or by phoning up during opening hours.