FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

internet speeds drops from 54mb to 4mb every evening

rcb99
Team Player
Message 42 of 42

Everyday between 8pm to 11pm approx my Internet speed gradually slows from 54mb to 4mb. I have changed the router done all kinds of wireless/wired tests. Even had my laptop  on 1m cable plugged directly to the router and still I only get 4 mb. Routers still  report sync speed of 60/20 even though  I can do nothing on the Internet aside of ookla speed tests. Terrible. Had enough... Tried twitter feed and those guys are worse than useless .Please can someone check my line or suggest how to diagnose the problem.

0 Likes
41 REPLIES 41

Message 1 of 42

Hi Richard

Thanks for keeping us updated, I'm so glad to hear that this has been resolved.

I have had a look but I'm not sure what work was carried out to resolve this issue, apologies for this.

If you do experience any further issues then please let us know.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 2 of 42

Hello  Michelle, 

I thought  I  would let  you  know that  the  issue  seems to be resolved.  It  would have been nice to know  what the problem was and what the  resolution was, just  in case.  Seems no-one is  any the wiser about  what, if  anything was done and by  whom. 

Seems a very  strange concept  to me for   a company  to  be  fixing  issues but  apparently not  formerly logging  any  issues that  get referred on. Having previously raised a formal complaint  with  TT about this issue no one that called me about the issue form TT had a clue  what  was done to  fix my  issue.  So, it  just  appears to  have fixed itself  is  the official  TT  response. Although,  I trust  that   you  and your colleagues had it  investigated and resolved 

Thanks

Richard

0 Likes

Message 3 of 42

Hi Richard,

Ok thanks for the update 🙂

Thanks

Message 4 of 42

Hello Michelle,

Things seem improved but still keeping my eye on it. Have occasions when it slows down. It's not as bad as it was though. 

Thanks 

Richard

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 5 of 42

Morning rcb99,

Just checking back in to see how the speeds have been over the last few days?

Thanks

Message 6 of 42

Hi Richard,

I don't have an internal reference number. If you do experience any further issues then I'd recommend posting back here as we can pick this back up for you.

Thanks

Message 7 of 42
Hi Michelle,
Just wondering is there an internal reference number I could refer too should the situation persist or similar re-occurs in the future. It might help.
Thanks
Richard
0 Likes

Message 8 of 42

Hi Richard,

It's ok I completely understand. Please let me know how your speeds compare over the weekend. I don't know specifically what they changed/fixed so I wouldn't be able to provide a specific answer on that, apologies.

Thanks

Message 9 of 42

Hello Michelle 

Please  excuse my earlier rant. Guess I was a bit frustrated by the whole situation.

At 20:30 the buffering started and everything ground to a halt. I continued monitoring  things and after 10 mins or so the speed picked up and I was able to stream and browse as normal. 

The situation seems much improved. I will monitor things over the next few days and see how it goes. 

Are you able to give me a high level idea of what the issue seemed to be. Just for future reference.  I hope it proves to be the final solution. 

Many Thanks to you and the team for the help and patience. 

Richard 

0 Likes

Message 10 of 42

Full of hope I tried streaming some football. Unfortunately, by 20:30 the buffering started. Could not do anything. So whatever the Network guys tried to fix afraid I have seen no improvement . This is more than frustrating now. Surely this is what TT do supply internet services surely they can fix my issue. Don't know what I do next as it seems inevitable l am going to have to try  another ISP. Not something I want to do  but what choice do I have. 

0 Likes

Message 11 of 42

Hello Michelle, 

Sure , I will try  a few  speed tests  and see what  I get. I'll update you tomorrow.

I am interested to know  , at  a high  level what  actually is the issue the network  team have found. 

Thanks

Richard 

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 12 of 42

Hi rcb99,

No problem 🙂 If you get a chance this evening it may be worth running a few more speed tests to see if there are any improvements in speed now that they have identified the issue.

Thanks

Message 13 of 42

OK.  Thanks for  the advice.

Message 14 of 42

Hi Richard,

As the sync speed only dropped after connecting the new router I'd recommend swapping back to the original router to see if it increases again, as swapping the routers won't affect the issue that our Network Engineers are currently trying to fix.

Thanks

Message 15 of 42

Hello Michelle,

Thanks  for the update.

I  would  also  like to  advise that  I  was sent  a new router DG8041W to  try in relation to this  issue. However, since   using this my  sync speed has dropped  from 65mb to  56.48mb and the actual  upload  speed I  am getting  has dropped  2mb  from   18mb+ to 16mb+ .  Thats  a marked  change and unfortunately  not  for the better.

I  appreciate that  you  are  doing  your best  to  investigate the  daily slow down but  is there anything  you  can do  to  re-sync the line  or  should  I just  plug the old router back in . I am concernd that  the new router is causing  issues on the line as I  have lost  connection a few times (which  never happened with the old router)  and this is causing   the  sync speed to drop due to the errors. I  also do not  want  to keep swapping the routers as I  suspect  the stopping an starting can also cause some issue.

What  do you  advise  at the moment given  you  are investigating the slow down issue at the moment. 

Thanks

Richard         

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 16 of 42

Hi rcb99,

Apologies again for the delay, I received an update shortly after I finished yesterday. I've been advised that they have identified a possible issue and are currently implementing a fix so this should hopefully be resolved in the next 24-48hrs.

Thanks

Message 17 of 42

Hi Richard,

We'll let you know as soon as we have an update, apologies for any inconvenience 

Chris

Message 18 of 42

Hi Michelle,

OCE_Michelle

Sorry for keeping on about this but I really do need a resolution. I need a good connection all hours for my work. The degradation in speed every night is causing me major issues. 

Please do what you can to get a response  from the Network team. It really would be much appreciated. 

Thanks

Richard

0 Likes

Message 19 of 42

Hi Michelle,

Perhaps an obvious point  to  make but  just  to  clarify. I only  see the slow down between  7.30pm to  midnight  approx.  Worst  time seems to be about   9.30 pm. So,  whatever monitoring the Network   team might  plan to  do  it  needs to  be targeted   around this time. The rest of the time  everything  runs OK as far as I  am aware..

Thanks

Richard   

0 Likes

Message 20 of 42

Hi rcb99,

No problem, they'll come back to me directly once they know more and i'll post an update on here.

Thanks