FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

lag spikes and high ping.

m _a_r_k
Popular Poster
Message 19 of 19

i am having problems with the stability of my connection. I am getting lag spikes and they have been getting more often. this kicks me out of internet games and some software that i use. when doing line checks everything seems ok but when i run a ping plotter i get packet loss and lag spikes of around 500 ms

0 Likes
18 REPLIES 18

Message 1 of 19

Hi m_a_r_k,

Thanks for answering the security questions. I've booked the engineer for tomorrow afternoon - February 25 2022, PM (13:00-18:00) - please let us know how you get on

Chris

0 Likes

Message 2 of 19

i have followed the link and answer the questions.

Secure Verification

Thanks, we'll get back to you soon.

was the replie i got. when i tried to replie i got a message stating i have reached my limit of messages try again later but i haven't sent any yet? yes i am ok for the potential charges. and pm any day would be suitable for me

0 Likes

Message 3 of 19

If you'd like us to arrange an engineer visit can you confirm:

• That you accept potential Engineers charges

• Provide availability, either AM (8am to 1pm) or PM (1pm to 6pm) between Monday to Friday.

•  

I've also sent you a PM to confirm some other details

Thanks

Chris

0 Likes

Message 4 of 19

yes please could you arrange a visit if that is how we can get to fixing this issue.

0 Likes

Message 5 of 19

OK thanks. I think we are probably as well logging this out to Openreach for an engineer visit as the speed is a bit low and the connection appears to have been unstable. if you'd like us to arrange an engineer visit please let me know and we'll confirm some details

Chris

0 Likes

Message 6 of 19

i have run the tests with different routers (the talktalk fast router and asus dsl ac88u) and they all give the same results of intermitant lag spikes and high pings

0 Likes

Message 7 of 19

Thanks for running the tests, do you have another router that you can test with. (If you have the same issue with a different router then we'll need to raise it to our network team)

Chris

0 Likes

Message 8 of 19

this is the ping and trace route.

ping google.png

trace route.png

the reason that i included the ping plotter results to google is because this is an intermitant issue and only happening for a second every 30 to 40 seconds which is not always picked up on a ping or traceroute.

0 Likes

Message 9 of 19

It's OK if you can't get hold of a telephone (we'd be looking for noise/interference on the line). Could you run a set of pings and a set of traceroutes to www.google.co.uk and post the results - Run a Ping or Traceroute - TalkTalk Help & Support

Thanks

Chris

0 Likes

Message 10 of 19

i dont know anyone who has a landline, so not with out going to buy a phone i will never use. what would i be looking out for on the voice line that could create lag spikes and an intermittent high ping across the network? i have used ping plotter this morning during a work meeting the stability of the call wasn't great and the videos shown keep freezing and the audio stutters. this is the ping results

ping plotter4.png

ping plotter5.png

0 Likes

Message 11 of 19

Are you able to borrow a telephone to test with, just to make sure that there are no issues with the voice service?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 12 of 19

i dont have a phone connected, i just use my mobile for phone calls.

0 Likes

Message 13 of 19

OK thanks. Are you experiencing any problems with your telephone service, any noise on the line?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 14 of 19

the problems started 3 months ago. i was getting lag spikes every 10 mins kicking me from internet gaming and making video calls unstable, but they have been getting more frequent and are now every 30 to 40 seconds. It is impossible to connect to online games. I also teach, During covid this is online and the conferencing software video call is almost unusable. yesterday i was trying differrent routers and cables to make sure the problem was not the router. as you can see from the ping plotter results the

ping plotter2.png

0 Likes

Message 15 of 19

Thanks for updating your profile. Line test is passing but showing lots of reconnections yesterday, looks to have been stable before yesterday and so far today. Did you only start having problems yesterday?

Chris

0 Likes

m _a_r_k
Popular Poster
Message 16 of 19

done

0 Likes

Chris-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 17 of 19

Hi m _a_r_k,

Can you please update your community profile to include your:

• Name

• Telephone number

• Alternative contact number

•  

We'll then look into this further. Please do not post this information on this thread. Once you've updated your profile please post in your topic to confirm it's updated.

Thanks

Chris

0 Likes

m _a_r_k
Popular Poster
Message 18 of 19

this is a ping plotter result.

ping plotter.png

0 Likes