Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

loss of broadband

16 REPLIES 16
nick123
Whizz Kid

Hi could somebody help me please I am disabled and my faster fibre broadband is absolutely shocking I have done so many speed tests with nearly every speed test name and still get the same results well near as they can be so if a OCE could pick this up at some point I would be very grateful I know it might take a bit of time to get a OCE to talk to but I really am struggling with the broadband so any help or advice would be very much appreciated and thank you in advance

nick white
nick123
Whizz Kid

please can anyone help I need to get this sorted as im going into hospital soon and really need this sorted

nick white
Skynet_TX
Community Star

Hi @nick123,

The staff will reply to help, but it will often take them a few days to get to your post, it is best to wait for them to reply as adding new posts to your topic will delay them from getting to you.

But can you clarify what issue you have, is it a loss of broadband service, or poor speeds.

You may get faster support from the live chat or by phoning up during opening hours.

OCE_Chris
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi nick123,

Apologies for the delay. Line test is clear and sync speed is good but I can see that there have been a lot of reconnections over the last few days. 

Is your router currently connect to your Test Socket, if you have one?

Are you experiencing any problems with your telephone service, any noise on the line?

Chris

nick123
Whizz Kid

Hi and thank you for replying it's very much appreciated but you have nothing to apologize for as I cannot imagine what you all are going through at the moment 

I have tried everything to get this sorted, yes some of the disconnecting is me trying different ways to fix it I have followed all the usual steps but to no avail, my Daughter is home from school and has been trying to get her school work done for her GCSEs but 2-3 times a day she says, dad wireless or internet has gone again and being disabled I can only do so much and I have tried taking the front of the master socket off and connecting to it that way but it still does the same when I have just thought I have fixed it then I go back down the rabbit hole again and it connects then after a few minutes or hour it plays up again we have also been having problems with the phone so any help or advice would be very much appreciated 

nick white
OCE_Chris

Hi nick123

Thanks for the information. Could you explain what problems you are experiencing with your telephone service. Faults with telephone service can cause problems with broadband

Chris

nick123
Whizz Kid

Hi the phone is a bit crackly we have had people call us and either they can hear us or cannot hear us and it can be us phoning someone or someone calling us but the internet this morning was useless we could not use it as there was no broadband I have had to come down from bed to try and sort it again and so far so good it's up and running how it should I know the speed over the time has not been as it should but I just want to sort it for my daughter's sake but like I said touch wood it seems ok at this time its been working for about 2-3 hours and my daughter has not come in my bedroom screaming that the broadbands have gone again so at the moment its working and do not want to jinx it so really do not know what to do at the moment and I cannot afford anyone to come and fix it so any more help or advice would be very much appreciated 

nick white
OCE_Michelle

Hi nick,

Thanks for the additional information. Just to confirm, is the crackle/voice issue present with just the phone connected at the test socket?

Thanks

nick123
Whizz Kid

Hi, OCE Michelle, the broadband for some on known reason is working fine now but the phone has still got the annoying crackle when connected to the test socket and the main socket so any more help or advice is very much appreciated 

nick white
OCE_Michelle

Hi nick,

Thanks for confirming. We can now focus on the voice service. When you tested the phone at the test socket did you also remove all other equipment from the line including the router? Is the crackle also present with 2 different handsets?

Thanks

nick123
Whizz Kid

Hi and thank you for replying OCE_Michelle nothing else was connected we use a Tripple phone set but only need the main base unit connected to the test socket so yes nothing else was connected in one of the replies from an OCE Chris said there has been some disconnecting from the device as I said to him, yes some of them is me but not all of them so any more advice or help would be very much appreciated 

nick white
OCE_Chris

Hi Nick,

Do you have another telephone handset that you can test with (one that doesn't connect through the same base unit?

Chris

nick123
Whizz Kid

HI and I have tried and old handset that only connects to the telephone socket but has no electricity to it and the line is still crackly but it's intermittent crackly but when someone rings us they sometimes say they cannot hear us and vise versa when we ring out I have tried everything I can think of but we had this problem a couple of years ago and bright sparks came out and put a new up to date phone socket in but moved it to the middle of our dining room and where it comes in from outside to a little box he did not do a really good job as it is not screwed in the wall properly but I don't like getting people in trouble so I left it as he left but I just do not know what's causing it and I cannot afford to have anybody come here and fix it because I'm disabled and do not have a lot of money coming in and also we are in lockdown self-isolating so I have tried what I can so any more advice or help would be very much appreciated

nick white
OCE_Chris

Hi Nick,

Thanks for the information, if you've tested with 2 different telephone with everything else disconnected and can still hear a crackle we would generally arrange an engineer visit. I can't really think what else we can try, line test is passing and not picking up any issues

Chris

nick123
Whizz Kid

Hi and thank you so much for your help in trying it's very much appreciated and we cannot have anyone in our home because we are self Isolating and waiting for some test results so we will have to get through this as best we can and hope and pray everything turns out for the best but again thank you

nick white
OCE_Michelle

Hi Nick,

Ok, I understand. If at any point you would like to go ahead with a visit then please post back here and we can arrange this for you.

Thanks 🙂

nick123
Whizz Kid

Hi and thank you so much for understanding our circumstances it's very much appreciated and if we do get further problems where we really do get stuck then yes I will come back on here again thank you

nick white