FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

new connection

galestu
First Timer
Message 7 of 7

My new fibre installation is booked for tomorrow, however I have had a text saying i don't need to be at the address. Up until then I was under the impression I would need to be there.  (i had arranged for my disabled dad to go there by taxi)   can anyone advise ?  thanks

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6

Message 1 of 7

Hello,

Thanks for the update. Did everything go ok?

Thanks

0 Likes

galestu
First Timer
Message 2 of 7

Just waiting for the engineer to arrive, Dad is there, - better safe than sorry.   Thanks

0 Likes

Message 3 of 7
0 Likes

martswain
Philosopher
Message 4 of 7

@galestu  ask the developer/builder if they have installed an Openreach phone line, you will need one for Fibre 35/65/150

If you have ordered Future Fibre - Data Only you will need a fibre optic cable into the property.

0 Likes

galestu
First Timer
Message 5 of 7

HI Karl, 

Thanks for the answer. Its a new build property and there is a socket pre installed in the house, but as the first occupier I cannot be sure about the phone line ?  thanks

0 Likes

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 6 of 7

Hi

If you have a working phone line at your property currently, then the Openreach engineer will usually just switch the line over at the external cabinet. 

An engineer will normally only need to access the property if there is no phone socket and one needs to be fitted, or if you have no current phone line to the house.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes