FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

no/intermittent internet

Cloboflojo
First Timer
Message 5 of 5

Hi,

Yesterday morning whilst the kids were on Disney+ the internet cut out. The router says we have internet but none of our devices that are connected get internet. When they do it’s literally for a few seconds then it disappears again. I’ve swapped my router today to see if it makes a difference (changed from Tp-link to Talktalk Wi-Fi Hub), I’m still having the same issue. 
I spent 2 hours on live chat yesterday to be told there wasn’t an issue which isn’t helpful at all as there is clearly something going on.

I’ve done all the usual things, rebooted the router, connected directly to engineers socket all with the same outcome 😞

Any help would be much appreciated 

thanks

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4

Message 1 of 5

Hi

Tests are clear but I can see the drops on the line.  I can see you have tested with another router directly at the test socket so an engineer would be required.

Can I ask, are the drops mostly affecting wifi devices or are these also affecting a wired connection.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes

Cloboflojo
First Timer
Message 2 of 5

Yes the test socket behind the faceplate. I haven’t got a house phone so I can’t check the voice service. 
I’ve just been in live chat and they’re optimizing the service, could take a few hours? Not sure how that’s going to help. Even connected via Ethernet my laptops struggling to load anything

0 Likes

Message 3 of 5

Morning,

I'm sorry to hear this. I've run a test on the line which hasn't detected a fault, however I can see re-connections on the line. Just to confirm, when you mention the engineer socket, do you mean the test socket behind the faceplate? Is there any noise on the voice service?

Thanks

0 Likes

Cloboflojo
First Timer
Message 4 of 5

I’ve since swapped my router to the super router to see if that solves the issue. It hasn’t

0 Likes