FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

no internet

nicky160
Chatterbox
Message 19 of 19

hi, my fibre was installed on 2nd of november. all i have is problem after problem. i had fibre 65. i have called every day since. 1st hub(black) kept blinking orange and white) until friday that week. i had internet for one day. i had new router sent (orange) it worked great until tuesday evening and no internet since(orange light) everytime i call we do all tests etc, never a conclusion. yesterday after same test they will now escalate to management. have to wait another 3 days for anyone to contact me. this is frustrating and terrible. i dont know what to do. im thinking of leaving.

0 Likes
18 REPLIES 18

Message 1 of 19

Hi nicky160,

I've sent you a PM

Chris

0 Likes

martswain
Philosopher
Message 2 of 19

@nicky160 forum staff do not work weekends.

0 Likes

nicky160
Chatterbox
Message 3 of 19

i havent had response since completing security on friday for engineer to be called out. is there an update. 

0 Likes

Message 4 of 19

Hi

I'll send you a pm requesting some info to allow us to book an engineer.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes

nicky160
Chatterbox
Message 5 of 19

hello, YES PLEASE ive been asking this for a week. i believe it needs to be openreach because currently next door have them at theirs and everytime he pings them my internet comes on for a minute.

0 Likes

Message 6 of 19

Hello,

Ok. If all testing has been completed at the main socket with 2 different routers, cables and microfilters and with all other equipment removed from the line, and you're still unable to connect (even wired) then the next step will be to arrange an engineer visit to the property. Would you like to go ahead with this?

Thanks

0 Likes

nicky160
Chatterbox
Message 7 of 19

no it doesnt have test socket

0 Likes

Message 8 of 19

Hi,

Ok, does your main socket have a test socket? If it does then please can you connect the microfilter, router and phone (if you use a phone) at the test socket please.

Your guide to main phone sockets

Thanks

0 Likes

nicky160
Chatterbox
Message 9 of 19

hello, yes i have the original one sent (black hub) ive tried same process with that also (4 times). still nothing.

0 Likes

Message 10 of 19

Morning,

Thanks for trying this and I'm sorry to hear this. Do you still have the alternative router?

Thanks

0 Likes

nicky160
Chatterbox
Message 11 of 19

hello, as requested i did this.

still nothing.

thats all that has been happening since days installed. i call talk talk run tests, reset, i reset etc an hour on phone a day. still nothing. awful.

0 Likes

Message 12 of 19

Hello,

Thanks for confirming. I've re-run the line test again now which is clear and the line is showing in sync, however the router has not authenticated. Have you tried factory resetting the router and then re-setting this back up again?

Thanks

0 Likes

nicky160
Chatterbox
Message 13 of 19

hi, earlier today i tried it with my xbox one but xbox says no internet coming in.

0 Likes

Message 14 of 19

Hi

Do you have any device connected to the router with a cable (wired) such as a pc etc ?

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

nicky160
Chatterbox
Message 15 of 19

router is plugged in. wires are correct (please remember one moment wifi comes on then off again)

its on orange, not flashing. does not work even if items are plugged.

0 Likes

Message 16 of 19

Hi

I'm showing your router connected at the moment.  Are you only using devices over WiFi ?  Do you have any device you can connect wired ?

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

nicky160
Chatterbox
Message 17 of 19

hi, ive just updated it. 

0 Likes

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 18 of 19

Hi

Can you please add your home phone number to your 'Community Profile' so I can pick this up for you.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes