FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

no online gaming

hm8ch
Chatterbox
Message 5 of 5

Hi

It seems that my router was updated remotely overnight around the 2nd of May and now I can't play any games on my PS4 online.

I suspect that it was updated as the normal UPnP settings field was changed to UPnP IGd and was disabled, even after enabling.  NAT still keeps failing... I shouldn't need to setup port forwarding but even when I tried, it still fails!

I run a more complex than standard network at home, as I do have a shed loads of smart devices.. and I will be extremely upset if I have to factory reset my router!

Is there anyway of reserving the firmware upgrade on the router?

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4

Message 1 of 5

Hello,

Ok thanks for confirming this and I will feed this back to our Products Team.

Thanks

0 Likes

hm8ch
Chatterbox
Message 2 of 5

I think I suss'd out the issue.  The firewall settings was ramped up to High, I moved that back to Meduim along with enabling uPnP and it seems to be working now, thou I have a huge list of stuff I need to test.

I first noticed the issue when fb pages would take ages to load then fb video calls wouldn't connect.

then none of the online gaming services on PSN would work.

If talktalk are to update users firmware remotely, it would be nice to be informed of it by an email so if there was any issues we know to look at the router settings first.

Like prevs said; my network settings are far from the standard home user, I have my own DNS and firewall servers, IoT services, and need to use VPN, site to site VPN and SaaS services as I'm still working from home, so when I highly encytped VC meeting doesn't work as it did before without knowing talktalk has decided to change my router settings, it's like looking for a needle in a haystack!

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 3 of 5

Morning,

I'm sorry to hear this. Would it be possible to try factory resetting the router please? If this doesn't resolve this then we can feed this back to our Products Team.

Thanks

0 Likes

hm8ch
Chatterbox
Message 4 of 5

Just to add that I've tried placing my PS4 into the DMZ and it still fails the NAT type test.

0 Likes