FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

openreach no-show

alalth
Conversation Starter
Message 25 of 25

The openreach engineer who was booked for today hasnt turned up,so,er....what happens next?

He was booked yesterday by a live chat person.

0 Likes
24 REPLIES 24

Message 1 of 25

Hi

Glad to hear that the Openreach engineer has been able to improve things for you.

Thanks

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes

alalth
Conversation Starter
Message 2 of 25

Openreach engineer turned up today (a day early),very informative and helpful guy,

He couldnt find a line fault but after doing a few tests he managed to get my speed up to 23.7 meg. (he also changed the faceplate to an openreach one)

Thats better than my 18,8 normal so im happy with that.

He said that 24 is the most my line will take so all in all its a result for me.

Thanks for your help.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 25

ok,thanks,will do.

0 Likes

Message 4 of 25

Hi alalth,

I've received confirmation from our network team that the engineer visit is booked for 30/01/2019 PM (13:00-18:00), please let us know how you get on

Thanks

Chris

0 Likes

Message 5 of 25

Hi alalth,

Thanks for the PM, I've passed on your availability to our network team, we'll let you know when we receive confirmation of the date booked

Thanks
Chris

0 Likes

alalth
Conversation Starter
Message 6 of 25

Info sent,thanks

0 Likes

alalth
Conversation Starter
Message 7 of 25

I still dont have a date for an engineer visit.

0 Likes

Message 8 of 25

Have to say this isnt another engineer visit as i didnt get a first one,i accept charges if any and 1pm to 6pm would be fine

0 Likes

Message 9 of 25

Hi alalth,

OK thanks, if you'd like us to pass this back to our network team and arrange another engineer visit can you confirm:

• That you accept potential Engineers charges
  • Provide availability, either AM (8am to 1pm) or PM (1pm to 6pm) between Monday to Friday.

I've also sent you a PM to confirm some other details 

Thanks
Chris

0 Likes

Message 10 of 25

I bought the wifi hub to replace a tplink n600 hoping it might make a difference but the speed is still the same as before.

0 Likes

Message 11 of 25

Hi alalth,

Ok thanks for letting us know. The line tests are clear apart from one which shows a loop fault. This can sometimes be caused by internal wiring or equipment connected to the line.

Just to confirm, have you ever tested with an alternative router? If not then we can arrange to send a replacement router for testing purposes before arranging an engineer visit?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 12 of 25

No noise,all sounds fine.

0 Likes

Message 13 of 25

OK thanks, does the voice service seems to be working OK, any noise on the line?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 14 of 25

What i meant was i have one phone socket with vdsl and phone inputs as mentioned earlier with the phone  plugged in and router plugged in also

0 Likes

Message 15 of 25

OK thanks. So you don't have a telephone connected to your line? 

Chris

0 Likes

Message 16 of 25

I have one phone socket with the line going directly to the router.

0 Likes

Message 17 of 25

Hi alalth,

How many telephone sockets do you have? What other devices do you have connected to your telephone sockets in addition to your router?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 18 of 25

I dont have a test socket,its seperate vdsl and phone inputs.

I have the line coming from the vdsl input to the talktalk wifi hub.

0 Likes

Message 19 of 25

Hi alalth

Apologies for this.

Can I just check if your router is connected at the test socket?

I've completed a line test which hasn't detected any faults but the speed is below the predicted range for your line.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

alalth
Conversation Starter
Message 20 of 25

im getting speed of less than 19,im supposed to get between 25 and 36.

0 Likes