FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

poor connection speed

Danny6
Conversation Starter
Message 53 of 53

Hi,

after having poor speed for long time now and reciving new router nothing change and after performing line check yesterday it come up with 39mB and message it could be better, had online chat and they sending me another router to solve this, i know this is not router related i`ve had two different routers from my friends d link and netgear and connection speed is allways around 39mB no mather what, so please check this for me just dont waste money for sending me routers every month, i`m paying for faster fiber with speed boost obviously don`t expecting 67mB as advertising but 50 will be great instead of low 30, there is no extensions between master socket (test socket and microfilter now) and router, pc is connected by cable not wifi and average speed is 34-35 dn and 8-9 up. is dlm ? my profile need changing?

Regards

Dan

0 Likes
52 REPLIES 52

Danny6
Conversation Starter
Message 41 of 53

Is there any data or traffic cap?

0 Likes

Danny6
Conversation Starter
Message 42 of 53

Is this speed boost working?

0 Likes

Message 43 of 53

Hi again,

A few days ago before I contacted TT status check was showing your line could be better and now my internet connection is very bad worse than before very unstable etc and status check showing you line is ok now

What is happening?

0 Likes

Message 44 of 53

Hi Danny,

If the sync speed is above the guaranteed minimum then generally we can't raise it as a fault to Openreach

As you've disconnected the telephone can you switch your router off for 30 minutes then switch back on and check to see if speed has improved 

Thanks

Chris

Message 45 of 53

just disconnected the phone only broadband is connected to microfilter and test socket

going to leave like this till tommorow

0 Likes

Message 46 of 53

no noises tel is ok

so if this guaranteed speed is lower than what i`m getting now means that everything is ok?

0 Likes

Message 47 of 53

Guaranteed minimum sync speed is 35.3Mbps 

Message 48 of 53

Thanks for the information 

Is your telephone service OK? Do you have a dial tone? Any noise on the line?

Chris

Danny6
Conversation Starter
Message 49 of 53

What is my guaranteed minimum speed?

0 Likes

Danny6
Conversation Starter
Message 50 of 53

live data now

ADSL Link             Downstream                                                      Upstream

Connection Speed           39347 kbps                                          10077 kbps

Line Attenuation D0( 15.6) D1( 40.2) D2( 64.1) dB       U0( 7.3) U1( 33.5) U2( 51.4) U3(N/A) U4(N/A) dB

Noise Margin    D0( 6.0) D1( 6.0) D2( 6.1) dB       U0( 7.5) U1( 6.0) U2( 6.0) U3(N/A) U4(N/A) dB

0 Likes

Message 51 of 53

hi Chris,

currently using test socket with microfilter and phone is connected too, when no phone is connected is no difference

0 Likes

Chris-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 52 of 53

Hi Dan,

Line test isn't picking up any issues and your sync speed is above the guaranteed minimum. 

How many telephone sockets do you have? Do you have anything connected to your telephone socket(s) in addition to your router?

Does your master socket have a Test Socket?

Chris