FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

poor connection speed

Danny6
Conversation Starter
Message 53 of 53

Hi,

after having poor speed for long time now and reciving new router nothing change and after performing line check yesterday it come up with 39mB and message it could be better, had online chat and they sending me another router to solve this, i know this is not router related i`ve had two different routers from my friends d link and netgear and connection speed is allways around 39mB no mather what, so please check this for me just dont waste money for sending me routers every month, i`m paying for faster fiber with speed boost obviously don`t expecting 67mB as advertising but 50 will be great instead of low 30, there is no extensions between master socket (test socket and microfilter now) and router, pc is connected by cable not wifi and average speed is 34-35 dn and 8-9 up. is dlm ? my profile need changing?

Regards

Dan

0 Likes
52 REPLIES 52

Message 21 of 53

Using Netgear D6400 since mid September, 

0 Likes

Message 22 of 53

Hi Danny6,

The line test is still clear and the connection does look stable. I can only see your recent sync speed (last 14 days) and this looks consistent. I've re-read back through your thread and I can see from your first post that you tested with a few different routers.

Could I just confirm, was the replacement router connected for at least 48hrs as it can take up to 48hrs for DLM to start making changes to the sync speed.

Thanks

0 Likes

Danny6
Conversation Starter
Message 23 of 53

Status from router 21.40 15.10.19

Dn 38907kbps 

line att D0( 15.6) D1( 40.2) D2( 64.1) dB

Noise marg D0( 6.2) D1( 6.2) D2( 6.2) dB

Up 10074kbps 

line att U0( 7.3) U1( 33.5) U2( 51.4) U3(N/A) U4(N/A) dB

noise marg U0( 7.4) U1( 6.1) U2( 6.0) U3(N/A) U4(N/A) dB

0 Likes

Danny6
Conversation Starter
Message 24 of 53

Is there any chance to check history of my sync speed? Like trend or something like that. This could be for long time like this. 

0 Likes

Danny6
Conversation Starter
Message 25 of 53

Status check still showing same message as yesterday and before: connection could be improved. I don’t know where is the problem but look like I’m having this since my last contract upgrade or for months at least and I wasn’t aware of it because never performed status check service and obviously not getting what I signed for.

0 Likes

Message 26 of 53

Hi Michelle sync speed is just below 38Mbps at the moment. 

0 Likes

Message 27 of 53

Hi Danny6,

I'm sorry for the delay. Could I just confirm, what throughput speeds are you receiving at the moment?

Thanks

Message 28 of 53

Hi back again with the message from status check 16.31 14.10.19

The health check we carried out on your broadband line shows that recently you have not been receiving the estimated download speed we guaranteed when you signed up to TalkTalk.

Estimated speed: {{POS_MIN}} - {{POS_MAX}}

Recent speed: {{SPEED}}

Please use our guide for tips on how to improve your broadband speed. If you can't resolve the issue please speak to our team 

This is not the first time, getting this message very often it may be like this for long time as I’m not getting anything even close to 40Mb through cable to my pc, WiFi very similar speed. Is this speed boost doing anything to my connection? My connection speed is just a little bit above guaranteed but you advertise 67 in average, where is it then?  

0 Likes

Message 29 of 53

Hi Danny6

I'm sorry to hear this.

The line test hasn't detected any faults and the connection appears to be stable.

Were any other devices in use and connected at this time?

Thanks

Debbie

Message 30 of 53

Had some issues just after midnight can’t download anything so turn speed test on and come up with 15 ping and 0.02 Mbps download didn’t wait for upload. Similar problem around 7 am no flashing lights on the router 

0 Likes

Message 31 of 53

OK, thanks for the update

Chris

Danny6
Conversation Starter
Message 32 of 53

Will see later on this evening as seems to be that time where all troubles start 

thanks 

Danny6
Conversation Starter
Message 33 of 53

38907 kbps connection speed 

0 Likes

Danny6
Conversation Starter
Message 34 of 53

At the moments running smooth as it should 

Message 35 of 53

System is up over two days now I’ve been asked to turn it off for a half an hour.  Just service break last time 8 ish h ago. I’ll try to check the lights when it happens again. One more thing when performing speed test some time is parabolic between 38 and 25 or starts very fast and going down to low 20. Used to be other way start slow and growing to 38 

0 Likes

Message 36 of 53

OK thanks. Line test isn't showing any reconnections so far today or yesterday, one on the 6th

The next time it disconnects could you check the lights on the router

Thanks

Chris

Message 37 of 53

Not sure About the lights now working ok so can’t tell but router showing last reconnection 8h 34min ago 

0 Likes

Message 38 of 53

OK thanks, Do the lights change on the router when the connection drops?

Chris

Message 39 of 53

Hi Chris 

not sure how often is dropping sometime is ok for some period but sometimes can’t even read anything because is connected for a few seconds and reconnecting for half a minute my cctv is useless now for remote access is loading up to 60% and getting message network unstable reconnecting there was nothing like this before never had any issues with TT for years but now is so unreliable and frustrating 

0 Likes

Message 40 of 53

Hi Danny,

The speed boost just removes the 40Mbps cap, it is active. There isn't a data or traffic cap.

If the connection is unstable we can look at this - how often does your connection drop?

Chris