FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results forย 
Showย ย onlyย  | Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

poor connection speed

Danny6
Conversation Starter
Message 53 of 53

Hi,

after having poor speed for long time now and reciving new router nothing change and after performing line check yesterday it come up with 39mB and message it could be better, had online chat and they sending me another router to solve this, i know this is not router related i`ve had two different routers from my friends d link and netgear and connection speed is allways around 39mB no mather what, so please check this for me just dont waste money for sending me routers every month, i`m paying for faster fiber with speed boost obviously don`t expecting 67mB as advertising but 50 will be great instead of low 30, there is no extensions between master socket (test socket and microfilter now) and router, pc is connected by cable not wifi and average speed is 34-35 dn and 8-9 up. is dlm ? my profile need changing?

Regards

Dan

0 Likes
52 REPLIES 52

Message 1 of 53

Thanks for clarifying this. 

0 Likes

Message 2 of 53

Line tests are passing and your line profile isn't limiting your speed, I've also checked your line history and showing very low error count over the last few days. I don't think moving to a new provider will improve your speed if still using same BT line as it just appears to be a limitation of your line

Chris

Message 3 of 53

This is bad news for me.

Any ideas what  the problem can be? Can different provider be able to increase sync speed? Where is the best to get any deeper information?

0 Likes

Message 4 of 53

Hi Aytbit,

if you need assistance can you please start your own thread and we'll be happy to help

Chris

Message 5 of 53

Hi Dan,

Yes I agree that there's little point having the speed boost. if you contact our Loyalty team they'll be able to remove it for you. I'm sorry that we couldn't help improve your speed

Chris

Message 6 of 53

My sync speed is at 40 mbps but I should be getting 76 ๐Ÿฅด

AYTbit Studios
0 Likes

Message 7 of 53

Thanks for trying to help me. I have a question about speed boost if it only removes 40Mbps speed cap why Iโ€™m paying for this? My sync speed is below that anyway and for sure it was like this from when the new upgraded contract starts long time ago. 

Message 8 of 53

Hi Danny6,

I've spoken to our network team and unfortunately they don't think there is anything further they can do to improve your sync speed. An engineer visit isn't really an options as your sync speed is above the guaranteed minimum.

Chris

0 Likes

Message 9 of 53

OK thanks, I've passed this back to our network team, I'll let you know when I receive an update 

Thanks

Chris

Message 10 of 53

Hi,

Router has been off for an hour and is back on now. 

Sync speed 

Dn 39011kbps Up 10913kbps

Sorry to say that but still under 40 Mb. 

0 Likes

Message 11 of 53

Hi Danny6,

Can you switch your router off for 30 minutes then switch back on and check to see if speed has improved - please let us know how you get on

Thanks

Chris

Danny6
Conversation Starter
Message 12 of 53

Just after 5am adsl link drop and reconnecting sync speed 39347 kbps

0 Likes

Message 13 of 53

Thanks

Message 14 of 53

Hi Danny6,

Thanks for confirming this. I've let our Network Team know now and I'll let you know as soon as I know more.

Thanks

Danny6
Conversation Starter
Message 15 of 53

sync speed 38649 and 10943 

if boost only removes cap of 40 mbps is no point to pay for it in my case. Iโ€™ve never had anything over 40 anyway. 

0 Likes

Danny6
Conversation Starter
Message 16 of 53

Router is back on.

Message 17 of 53

Ok Iโ€™ll turn it off now 8.08am

0 Likes

Message 18 of 53

Hi Danny6,

Our Network Team are investigating and have asked if you can power down the router for a full 30 minutes at some point today please. They will then monitor the connection following this.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 19 of 53

Thanks, will wait to see whatโ€™s going on.

Message 20 of 53

Hi Danny6,

I've passed this over to our Network Team and I'll let you know as soon as I receive an update back.

Thanks