FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

port forwarding for steam

basilbrush909
Popular Poster
Message 13 of 13

IMG_20190918_191937.jpgIMG_20190918_192409.jpgIMG_20190918_192433.jpghi i am trying to setup steam port forwarding on the new sagem router and need help i have this from steam 

Required Ports for Steam

Which ports do I need to open on my router or firewall for Steam?

To log into Steam and download content:
  • HTTP (TCP remote port 80) and HTTPS (443)
  • UDP remote port 27015--27030
  • TCP remote port 27015--27030
Steam Client
  • UDP remote port 27000--27100: Game traffic
  • UDP local port 27031 and 27036: In-Home Streaming
  • TCP local port 27036 and 27037: In-Home Streaming
  • UDP remote port 4380
Dedicated or Listen Servers
  • TCP local port 27015 (default): SRCDS Rcon port
  • UDP local port 27015 (default): gameplay traffic
Steamworks P2P Networking and Steam Voice Chat
  • UDP remote port 3478
  • UDP remote port 4379
  • UDP remote port 4380
Note:

Many university networks and proxies block required ports for Steam operation - please consult your network administrator to ensure the required ports are open if you are using a university network or a proxy. Ports required for Steam can not be re-mapped to HTTP or reconfigured to a custom port range.

Advanced

For generic Steam HTTP/HTTPS requests, your proxy should allow the following domains:

• steampowered.com
  • steamcommunity.com
  • steamgames.com
  • steamusercontent.com
  • steamcontent.com
  • steamstatic.com
  • akamaihd.net

Most of the non-web traffic is usually UDP but can be TCP as well. For that, the IPs will all be from the Valve network (AS32590), and a list of those IP blocks can be found here:

i want to set up a gaming server for the family that live all over the country

thanks barry

0 Likes
12 REPLIES 12

Message 1 of 13

Hi basilbrush909

Thanks for keeping us updated, please let us know how you get on.

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 2 of 13

hi all just a quick update i`m now waiting for me son to came over to sort this out he knows more than me on this and it`s him that want me to run the server so thanks for all the help i`ll let you know how he gets on 

Message 3 of 13

You can't put the public address in there, it must be the private address of the device in question which will typically be something like 192.168.1.x.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

Message 4 of 13

Hi all i just had a go from all the info you have given me but this is as far as i get no matter what i put into the ip address bar i get this answer IMG_20190923_193211.jpg

Message 5 of 13

OK, please let us know how you get on 🙂

Chris

Message 6 of 13

hi all thinks for the help i`ve been away with work so not had time to look at it yet but will do soon thanks barry

Message 7 of 13

Hi basilbrush909,

How are you getting on, has the advice helped?

Chris

Message 8 of 13

OP follow Keith's post above. He's nailed it!!

You don't really want to open the other ports unless you have to as there is a (small) security risk opening ports.

Fritz

0 Likes

Message 9 of 13

It would have to be the server if connections are going to come in from the internet.

You will need to give the device hosting this steam server a DHCP Reserved IP address, or configure a static IP address on the device itself that is outside of the DHCP Pool IP address range.

This is what I used & it forwarded TCP 27015 perfectly & I see no reason to think it won't forward UDP 27015. When you Add the rule you will also need to Apply it:-

Steam Server.png

When I tested it, this is what https://portchecker.co/check reported:-

Steam Server Port Checker.png

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.

Message 10 of 13

I think to run a server you need to forward port 27015 for both UDP & TCP. 

I don't have the FAST 5364 so I can't walk you through it unfortunately (maybe Keith can) but basically the external & internal ports should match and you need to forward them to your IPv4 address (type IPConfig in CMD to get that).

Historically I've forwarded the following for both UDP & TCP (but I no longer play Steam games so maybe the ports have changed):

- 4379 to 4380

- 27000 to 27050

However looking at your pics what happens if you use the wizard and set two rules. One for Steam Client and one for Steam Server?

Fritz

EDIT: Sorry forgot to say give your PC a static IP address or reserve on the router

0 Likes

Message 11 of 13

Hi Keith this is where i`m lost i don`t know which one to do so as i can run a game server and my lad who wants it gets lost as well we are hoping you can help the game they want is farming simulator thanks barry

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Message 12 of 13

I assume then from the list of all tye possible stream scenarios, you only need to forward TCP & UDP port 27015. Is this correct?

Keith

0 Likes